Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Extesion Cultural Visa 2016/11/23 06:52
Goodevening everyone!
I will soon get a Cultural Visa for 6 months for an internship. My question is, may I extend it to 1 year? I would like to do shukatsu (searching for job) during and after the internship. Is it possibile? If it can be extended, can I work for the next 6 mounths doing a part time?

Thank you!
by Kile92  

Re: Extesion Cultural Visa 2016/11/23 17:57
The only way you can extend it is if your internship is extended, or you do another one (or something similar). Job hunting is not a valid reason for an extension.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Extesion Cultural Visa 2016/11/23 18:33
There is a visa/resident status type for "specified activities" that is available to non-Japanese students on "Student" status who are completing university/college, or "senmon gakko" (vocational/technical school) in Japan and want stay on in Japan after the studies in order to "continue the job hunting activities" which they have been doing since before the end of the studies.

http://www.moj.go.jp/ONLINE/IMMIGRATION/ZAIRYU_HENKO/zairyu_henko10_21...

So if you come as an intern, this would not be available to you.

by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Extesion Cultural Visa 2017/1/4 07:33
Thank you!
by Kile92 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread