Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asian applying Jobs in Japan 2016/11/23 12:26
Hi, I am Chinese by etnicity but was raised and lived in Australia all my life. Trying to apply to a teaching job in Japan. I met some people who have been trying said that it'll be hard cuz the "western" face is what they're looking for. Is this true? Is there such discrimation?

Is there any chance for me? :(

Thanks
by Cha (guest)  

Re: Asian applying Jobs in Japan 2016/11/23 15:42
It is not so much your face. But you english speaking background. Basicly they prefer teachers that have english as their first language. If you have lived in Australia your whole schooling life, you should have no issue unless you carry the typical asian acent.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Asian applying Jobs in Japan 2016/11/23 19:58
I know someone from Asia (with Asian physical features) who grew up in New Zealand, and she found a job teaching English in Japan, though the school initially had doubts about her. It went well when she actually got interviewed. It would be the same for you I guess. If you went to school fully in Australia, that should be fine.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread