Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kinosaki Onsen - good deal 2016/11/25 13:07
Hi all,
Not been on this community for a while now, since starting my new job. Been busy. Also means I need a vacation. I'm planning to head to Japan in January. Part of the trip is just to relax and chill out, meaning I would be visiting various onsens. One of which is kinosaki onsen. I've heard that kinosaki serves up crab in winter and was wondering which ryokan would be a good deal. (I had a brochure on it, but a relative thought it was junk and threw it)

Hoping someone could advise on which ryokan to stay at. I think they serve the crab differently, eg boiled, grilled, sashimi
Though some do a combination. I tried checking online but all I got was sites in Japanese and people saying its a nice onsen. I wanna know about the crab too!

Thanks all

P.S.
The rest of the trip should include onsen visits at Nagano
by Jh (guest)  

Re: Kinosaki Onsen - good deal 2016/11/25 17:37
I stayed at Mikuniya and took their crab kaiseki plan. Honestly speaking, I would rather go to nearby restaurant. It was too much of crab for me and since the food was served and cooked in the room, everything smelled crab until the next morning. This was not even the complete crab kaiseki which has more. Unless if you're travelling with a companion, you can choose different courses e.g. Tajima beef.
by Moccy rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki Onsen - good deal 2016/11/25 20:21
We stayed here in the first week of April last year: http://www.yuraku-group.co.jp/kinosaki/ryori/

The food was really good. Really good. And the lady who served us spoke a little English and had a wicked sense of humour, which made the whole experience more memorable. The ryokan itself was lovely, and well located in the town itself.

Although we were in April, crab was still a major feature of the meal, and was some of the best crab we've had on any trip to Japan. We also had live abalone to grill ourselves, which was better than the abalone we had at a very high end ryokan in Kyushu a couple of nights previously.

There was also a little taste of some very good beef (but we'd been to Ishigaki on that trip, so it would have been hard for anything to be better than Ishigaki beef in my eyes).

If you're going to go in the height of crab season, and that means that the crab you might have would be tastier than that we had in April, I would have no hesitation in recommending Yuraku.

Hope that helps.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki Onsen - good deal 2016/11/26 05:37
When we went in April we didnt have crab kaiseke (though it did have some crab) but I would have to say that the meals at Nishimuraya were up there with the best quality I've eaten anywhere, ever. Absolutely spectacular.

Worth checking out if you want to treat yourself.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki Onsen - good deal 2016/11/26 10:45
Winter traveler nice place but the price is 1k plus in my currency. (Singapore dollar) makes me cry a bit.

Lazy, your price is much less heart stabbing. I will take yours unless someone else wants to share their experience too.
by Jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki Onsen - good deal 2016/11/26 10:50
@winter visitor
There is Nishimuraya honkan and Shogetsutei. The former is the 1k, 1.2k with crab whereas he latter is less than 400 a night. Do tell me which you were referring too.
by Jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread