Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student visa in Japan 2016/11/26 23:01
I was wondering one day if I arrived to Japan, I want to buy things there that only could be sold there. But I think that is only when I am study abroad there.

If I have a student visa in japan, can I used it to buy things? And when the visa is running out of of yen, my parents reload with Malaysia ringgit, how to covert it to yen?
by Neptune Phua  

Re: Student visa in Japan 2016/11/27 07:38
I think you're confusing a visa with a credit card.

Visas authorise you to live, work, study, etc. in another country. They do not have anything to do with purchasing things in another country. You can travel as a tourist to Japan and buy things there; you don't have to be a student.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student visa in Japan 2016/11/27 16:10
Thank you for making me realized their difference.
by Neptune Phua rate this post as useful

Re: Student visa in Japan 2016/11/27 17:37
I just realised you might be confusing it with the VISA credit card brand (I have a MasterCard, so I keep forgetting about VISA!). You can use a VISA credit card in Japan. But a "student visa" refers to a document giving you permission to study in Japan as a foreigner.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread