Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I work in Japan while learning Japanese 2016/12/4 16:24
I want to enroll in a Japanese Language School in a month and I want to work while learning Japanese. In some forums it says that "College Students" can apply for work permit. And I was wondering if Japanese Language School fell in that category.
Thanks~
by Enn Iredui  

Re: Can I work in Japan while learning Japanese 2016/12/5 14:06
If you have working permission, you can work part time - up to 28 hours per week during semester. However, as a full-time student, it would probably be difficult for you to do so many hours.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Can I work in Japan while learning Japanese 2016/12/5 23:03
Language schools' students can work part-time job 28 hours per week. Many students from SEA are in this situation.
by JackieNguyen rate this post as useful

Re: Can I work in Japan while learning Japanese 2016/12/8 22:43
Language schools' students can work part-time job 28 hours per week.

Provided that they get a work permit, called しかくがいかつどうきょか.
by sqq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I work in Japan while learning Japanese 2016/12/10 13:54
Language school students with a sort term stay (tourist) visa CANNOT get a work permit, cannot work, even if they are full-time student.

Many students in this situation from certain countries work illegally though :-)
by uji2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I work in Japan while learning Japanese 2016/12/10 20:54
Arash, you don't "get a tourist visa to study". You can certainly study short-term on a tourist visa, but it's not a long-term solution (90 days only, for most countries) and OP wouldn't be able to work on a tourist visa. If OP has a study visa, then they can apply to be given permission to work.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread