Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

work as a doctor in japan 2016/12/9 22:40
hi guys , i want ask about important something

it is about work in japan as a foreign doctor

i`m study medicine in my country but when i`m finish and Specialize what i must do to work in japan?

and thank you
by sam (guest)  

Re: work as a doctor in japan 2016/12/10 07:52
Is your medical degree accepted in Japan? Do you speak Japanese? Do you know the Japanese medical vocabulary? Do you know if need to do extra training to receive a doctor's licence in Japan?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: work as a doctor in japan 2016/12/10 11:52
Easier to become an astronaut or president of your country, I think.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: work as a doctor in japan 2016/12/10 14:30
Options other than astronaut/president in your country:

-Cosplayer in Doctor's appearance

-Real Doctor with required Japanese license and Japanese language skill.
by Dr. Slump (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: work as a doctor in japan 2016/12/10 18:14
I don't know in which country you live/study but usually in this world, jobs like doctor of pharmacist often require locale license. For example, doctors from India usually end up working as taxi drivers in Canada because their license is not valide there.

If you have a foreign medical license you first have to pass the Japanese medical license. The exam is in JAPANESE only and requires a very advanced knowledge of Japanese vocabulary and kanji that even the natives don't manage to understand.

PS: Depending on the country you are from, you may not even be allowed to sit the exam and have to study medicine from the beginning.
by Maki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: work as a doctor in japan 2016/12/10 21:17
Actually i`m from Germany and i don`t know if license is valide in japan or not , anyway i just want to ask about that if it is possible or not.

thank you
by sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: work as a doctor in japan 2016/12/10 21:33
That's not a question for a travel forum. You need to look into this in a professional context.

The big question is, do you speak Japanese, and if you do, do you know medical Japanese?

Re: work as a doctor in japan 2016/12/10 21:58
i`m sorry I thought it appropriate place for ask

in this time term medical in Japanese is not problem for me i just want to know what is require from me to work in japan such as License exam and if Germany license is valid in japan

like in america you must do USMLE exam

Re: work as a doctor in japan 2016/12/10 22:01
Maki answered that question - there is an exam to convert your foreign licence into a Japanese licence. It sounds like it only applies to certain countries though, so you will need to check if your German degree is accredited in Japan.

Re: work as a doctor in japan 2016/12/10 22:17
thank you very much

Re: work as a doctor in japan 2016/12/11 07:26
excuse-me
I would like to help you
look at this page
it is from the ministry of labour and health
that rules what you are seeking
http://www.mhlw.go.jp/topics/2012/05/tp0525-01.html
by Adriana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: work as a doctor in japan 2016/12/12 21:08
My doctor in Tokyo is from Germany, and the clinic where he practices also has doctors from the UK and the US, so it's certainly possible.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread