Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Signfication of 'hikarete' 2016/12/22 03:16
Hello !
I received an answer from an ad in Japanese and I couldn't understand this sentence: "‹M•û‚ÉŽä‚©‚ê‚ăƒbƒZ[ƒW‚ð‘—‚è‚Ü‚µ‚½B" When I translated it google, it basically said: "I was attracted to you so I sent you a message."
I thought that was a bit weird to say, so I wonder if google mistranslated it, or if it was a common sentence used in Japanese ? Or else if it is just weird.
Thank you !
by Miharuie  

Re: Signfication of 'hikarete' 2016/12/22 15:03
The google translation of the sentence seems correct. More precisely, it sould be gYou attracted (charmed) mech.
No one can tell you whether this message is weird or not, because no one knows what kind of ad in Japanese you mention.
I just imagine you clicked on some adult oriented ad, without knowing what it was.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Signfication of 'hikarete' 2016/12/22 19:24
Well, I would say that "I was attracted to you..." is the accurate translation. I don't know what you mean by "weird" but it's very typical for something you get through the internet. I never respond to messages like these, of course.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Signfication of 'hikarete' 2016/12/22 20:15
It is more like "you (your profile/photo, whatever you posted) caught my attention (in a positive sense), so I am sending you a message." As a response to an ad, what else can they say? If you think that is too corny, fine, don't answer it. But if you did not post any details about yourself and you received this answer, it IS suspicious.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Signfication of 'hikarete' 2016/12/22 20:20
Actually it's an answer from an ad I posted, but I didn't say anything weird in my ad, just basic presentation. I thought it was weird because the rest of the message was actually completely casual, of course messages like this aren't unusual on the internet :/
I guess I won't answer it then, thank you for your answers !
by Miharuie rate this post as useful

Re: Signfication of 'hikarete' 2016/12/22 20:23
I don't know, I didn't really posted any details about me so I don't know why they would say this : /
by Miharuie rate this post as useful

Re: Signfication of 'hikarete' 2016/12/23 10:58
This "hikarete" is more like a romantic attraction or to be attracted as a fan. If you're responding to someone you hope to be penpals with or business partners with, you use words like "kyoumi o motsu" or "omoshiroi" instead. It's obviously spam, unless the writer is not a native Japanese speaker, that is.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread