Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese School Payment deadline 2016/12/25 14:54
First of all, merry christmas to you all!

I've been dealing with an issue for the past couple of days and I wanted to share with you, for advices.

I'm currently in the tedious process of applying to a Japanese language school with Go Go Nihon. So far so good.

But two days ago I recieve from them the invoice for the first semester tuition. The invoice date was issued on December 15th, but I received it on December 22nd. The payment deadline is on January 3rd, 2017.

Rapidly I got in contact with my bank (an international bank with offices in more than 80 countries in the world) and filled all paperwork and presented all the backups they asked for to my local branch (hopefully I made no mistakes and things will go smoothly). This was on December 23rd. The cleck at the bank told me the whole process will last AT LEAST a week until the japanese school recieve the deposit in their account (on January 3rd with any luck). You can tell in what kind of situation I'm in, right?

So I'm kind of stuck in this situation where I don't know if the school will receive the money by the deadline even though I've tried everything in to run thing as fast as I could. To make things worse I've contacted Go Go Nihon to let them know about this, but I received an auto messege saying that they are on holyday until January 4th (greeeeeaaaaat!).

My question is, am I fucked in case the money is not in the school's account by January 3rd? Would you advise me to contact the school directely and tell them abount my situation or will they be on holyday as well? What the f* should I do? Am I worrying to much and the payment deadline is flexible (+- 1 day).

I've been in this process of applying to the school for more than 9 months, always responging on time because I know that the japanses are very stict about stuff and I don't want to miss my spot in the school because of this.

Thanks and sorry if I made it too long (I'm a little bit drunk).
by seba1807 (guest)  

Re: Japanese School Payment deadline 2016/12/25 20:08
If I were you, I would contact the school directly to let them know that you made the payment (or took the remittance procedure), give them the date when it was done, which bank it was, etc., so that they know it is under way.

In Japan, it is likely that the school office will be open during the period of Dec. 26 to Dec. 29, 30 or so, after which they might close until Jan. 3rd or so. This is because the New Year's days are the bigger holiday/office closing period rather than Christmas. So if you write to tell them now, it is likely that they will see your message and know what's going on BEFORE the actual deadline.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread