Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pregnancy and safety of hot springs 2017/1/1 23:55
I am four months pregnant and my husband and I would like to visit the hot springs in Hakone. Is it generally safe for pregnant women?
by Farah (guest)  

Re: Pregnancy and safety of hot springs 2017/1/2 17:36
use the search function in this forum and you will have your answers:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+80123
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Pregnancy and safety of hot springs 2017/1/3 10:39
Ask your obstetrician or physician. My obstetrician said no because of the temperature of the water and needing to avoid overheating.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Pregnancy and safety of hot springs 2017/1/3 18:42
In Japan it is said that there is no problem that a pregnant woman going in onsen, as long as she doesnt stay there for more than 10 minutes. Lots of pregnant women go to onsen. Enjoy your trip!
by 5monthsalso (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pregnancy and safety of hot springs 2017/1/9 06:22
Are you banned from taking bath?
You stay in a few min. , warm up and relax, get out, cool down and repeat as desired just like any onsen soakers do.
Nobody stays in for a long time, if it is too hot for their liking, just like taking bath at home. Nobody is forcing you to stay until you become an octopus. Onsen soaking has been practiced for thousand of years. It is like western doctors have claimed the eastern medicine is voodoo practice for centuries.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread