Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Job Market Research 2017/1/5 05:46
In a few Months I'll be going through the working Holiday Visa process and hopefully will be moving back out to Japan again for a second time.

Would it be possible/wise to start some Job market research now, by sending CV's around to schools/companies to see how employable I am? I understand it's too early to actually apply for real, but i'd like to try and get some responses before hand.

Only asking in case Japanese schools/Companies are funny about it, and wondered if anybody else has done this kind of thing.

tyty
by jordanwalker94  

Re: Job Market Research 2017/1/5 20:32
If you want to go to Japan to work, get a work visa. That's not what the WH visa is for.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Job Market Research 2017/1/5 22:47
A WH Visa allows you to work along side travel. I'm asking if its wise to start seeing if i'm employable now rather than later, so I can.. you know... Work and travel...

Care to explain your comment?
by jordanwalker94 rate this post as useful

Re: Job Market Research 2017/1/6 07:52
You can send your resume to companies if you like, but once they see that you have no visa and are not in the country, your resume will go straight in the cylindrical filing cabinet.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Job Market Research 2017/1/6 09:26
Your research will quickly show you many jobs require
a) You are legally allowed to work in the country (already have a visa), and
b) You are already in the country (see (a) above).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Job Market Research 2017/1/7 14:56
Maybe after your visa application is successful.
I am Japanese national living overseas, so a bit different situation to WH.
But when I went back to Japan for a few years, I sent CV about a month before heading to Japan. Got reply and have interview date all set while I was still oversea. Had interview a day after I arrived in Japan, employed on the same day.
Wouldn't hurt to send a few CV to see how you go? Nothing to lose, and good to be proactive.
You may have luck with English school or international hotels...
Good luck!
by Nori sushi rate this post as useful

Re: Job Market Research 2017/1/8 09:26
Thank you for the replies!

A lot of people maybe got confused, i wasn't asking if i should apply for positions. Just Job Market Research.

and yeah Thanks Nori Sushi. I am just trying to get all the information I can get as soon as possible really.
I'm looking to send for my WH Application around the February-March time as that's when most schools take in staff for new term.

I already have connections with my old school from last time as a first step if i can't find anything overseas but want to find other positions.

I guess a little emailing around wont hurt :)

Thank you

Re: Job Market Research 2017/1/8 13:43
Just remember, your first intention must be on the "holiday" part. The "working" part is supposed to supplement the "holiday" bit, not be the main reason for your application.

If you intend to stay in one place the whole time and work for a single company (which you would presumably have lined up before coming), then a working visa is more appropriate.

I don't think you'll get many replies if you don't have a visa already, or have a degree in which case the company may be willing to sponsor you.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Job Market Research 2017/1/9 04:35
Aye, i'm aware of the intention behind the Working Holiday, but thanks for the heads up :) !

I was employed before on a Student Visa before but the limited hours were a struggle :)

I would just prefer to have something set up before my arrival and then I can work on future positions.

Thanks all for your replies

reply to this thread