Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 month only house/apt rental 2017/1/5 06:44
Hi everyone,

I've been to Japan a lot in the past year and I would like to rent either a small traditional house for 1 month or an apartment somewhere other than (Osaka, Kyoto, Nagoya, Fukuoka, Sapporo or Tokyo).

I already tried Airbnb, but it has very few options in Tohoku/Hokkaido for example. Do you know a similar website where you can rent for less than 1000 Euro a House or an Apartment?

Thank you!
by MirceaM  

Re: 1 month only house/apt rental 2017/1/5 20:25
With the authorities recently aware of this illegal practice, such rentals are probably going to be more difficult to find. In fact, one where I have stayed on Miyako island in Okinawa seems to have ceased operating; it is still listed on Rakuten Travel where I had booked it but it never shows any availabilities.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: 1 month only house/apt rental 2017/1/6 09:23
Look for foreign friendly rental agencies. Some do one-month rentals (no guarantor/key money/land-lord "gift). Start by searching for share-houses and check their apartment listings.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: 1 month only house/apt rental 2017/1/7 09:20
Try VRBO site, select Japan, and then read through properties offered. Don't know if there are any in the areas you request but worth a try. I have rented properties for a month through this site.It is reliable and legitimate.

As well I have just found another site, Tokyo Monthly21, which seems ok. Don't know about traditional houses though.
There is another website that offers traditional places, but they are in Kyoto and Tokyo and you say you don't want those areas.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 month only house/apt rental 2017/1/8 14:53
I heard of authorities trying to stop airbnb listings. However for cities like Kyoto or Tokyo, in weekends the hotels are barely handling the heavy tourists traffic.

I'm looking to enjoy one month living at the countryside, if possible. And I saw a few regions around Tottori, Nagano or Tohoku, that I would enjoy. It's really a shame that I heard and also saw many abandoned houses in the countryside.

VBRO does not have many more listings than airbnb.

Do you know anywhere I can find the foreigner friendly rental agencies? A website, or a name? I would really appreciated.

Sorry to bother you, but ever since my first trip in November 2015, I've been saving money to go over and over again. So I guess I'm hooked up on Japan.

Thank you very much for your help.

by MirceaM rate this post as useful

Re: 1 month only house/apt rental 2017/1/11 17:07
Try Leopalace 21, don't know they have houses at the country side, anyway it is one of the biggest foreigner friendly rental agency and has an English site and assist.
http://en.leopalace21.com/

If you can understand Japanese, just search with a word 'ウィークリーマンション': weekly mansion, or 'マンスリーマンション': monthly mansion. Then you could find a mount of results there with Japanese.

Hope you'll get a nice room and have good days in Japan!

AMA
by AMA (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 month only house/apt rental 2017/1/11 17:37
by AMA (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread