Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/1/9 18:40
Hello,

My application for work coe hasnt arrived yet and I know my company applied last year. It's been more than 3 months and my coe hasn't arrived.

My company says they are still waiting for the immigration.
Should I just give up and move on? I am having doubts already.
When I worked in Japan before, my coe arrived only for two weeks. Huge difference.

I don't know what to do, I am waiting but can't move
On since my coe might arrive.
by Diana Maquez (guest)  

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/1/9 20:39
I found an article saying it takes months if there are any lacks on paper.
How about asking your company in which phase your application is?
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/1/9 22:32
I have heard of long wait when the immigration authorities are busy. What are you doubtful of? Your employer or immigration? Any reason you might think it might not get approved (some missing documents, or qualification)?

The reason I ask is because even if you wanted to "move on," it if is to another employer in Japan, you would need to have the current application for CoE withdrawn before you can have another employer apply for a new one.

If you are thinking about finding employment in your own country, or in another country, you don't have to worry about CoE for Japan. If that is the case, and if you have not signed any contract with the potential employer in Japan yet, then you can tell your them you can no longer wait without work, tell them to withdraw the application, and move on.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/1/11 01:00
Hi Diana
I have the same problem, but I have now been waiting for 4 months.
My employer managed to speak to the immigration office that is processing our paperwork (Saitama) in December, and they said that they are quite delayed because they are swamped with work.
I'd say to have more patience (I know it's difficult, I'm in the same situation unluckily) and not lose hope!
by Alya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/1/13 18:09
Thanks everyone! Actually they applied last October, yup that was almost 4 months ago.

I'm also worried cause I worked in Japan before, the coe only took two weeks or so, I just feel like something is wrong.

I am still hoping for my coe to arrive but as of now, I am looking for new possibilities in my own country and other countries. Thanks a lot!
by Diana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/1/14 17:37
I applied one month ago. My wife called to follow up 2 days ago and they told her it wasn't processed yet. The next day they called her and said it had been approved so I guess giving them a call got the application shuffled to the top of the pile. Mine is for a spouse visa so maybe this comes quicker anyway.

Hope this helps.

https://twitter.com/KyushuTraveler
by KyushuWoozy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/1/27 15:28
The outsourcing company handling my application sent my documents to Japan on last week of October 2016 and until now I haven't received an update yet. It's been almost 3 months though I'm not sure when their Japan counterpart submitted my COE application. I will followup next Friday (Feb. 3).

"God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and a whole lot of faith.... but it's worth the wait."
by Sesaru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/1/27 19:01
Well, I believe mine was submitted 2nd week of October. Wow, thank you so much for your encouraging words, I sometimes feel like God has forgotten about me and my dreams.

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/2/8 15:29
Still no update on my COE.
Ms. Diana, how's your COE application?

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/2/10 00:40
Hi i just got my coe last week, What a long wait. Hang in there, it really takes a long time but it will come. Let me know when you get yours since I know I applied just a few weeks ahead.

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/2/10 12:12
It is possible that they are having a higher volume of applications at the moment...
It is also possible that there is a little change in the way the processing is made.
Also, perhaps the officer is sick of working and completely throw your file along with others somewhere. He will check after 6 months.
Good things come to those who wait. Waiting for a longer time means that they are properly checking your documents. Most likely, your application will be approved. Normally, denying an application should not take months.
Stay positive and expect some good result.
by kika (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/2/13 16:40
Wow! Congrats Ms. Diana!

How about you Ms. Alya, have you received your COE? Still no update on mine as of this writing.

Ms. Kika, thanks for the inspiring words. :-)

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/2/14 16:09
Sesaru it will come, mine took 4 months. I heard for some it took 5-6 months. As long as your xompany wont give up on you it will be okay. Im sure yours will come soon.

Where did ur company apply? Mine was tokyo immigration that os why it took so long.

Thanks for all the inspriring messages you guys.

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/2/14 19:56
I am sure that it is also in Tokyo. The outsourcing company's office is in Yashio, Saitama (near Tokyo) and the company I am applying for is in Shinjuku.

By the way, what is your profession? I am applying for IT Engineer position. I hope they won't give up on my application. I was told that if my application is successful, the company would like to hire more Filipino IT Engineers. I'm from Manila, Philippines.

Thank you! It is very nice and comforting to hear words of encouragement these days...
by Sesaru24 rate this post as useful

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/2/15 00:40
I see, I am flying next week for Japan.
Im from London. Wow from the philippines, I heard about your govt giving workers a hard time getting out from the country. Like you need tons of permits to get out. Crazy!

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/2/15 19:26
Yeah, I thought so. After receiving a COE the next step is to secure a visa then we still need to go through several government requirements including medical certification, authenticated contracts, etc. Based on what I read, it will take at least 2 weeks to a month or so to complete all the requirements.

Have a safe trip and God bless your stay in Japan! Enjoy!

Too long 2017/2/22 01:25
Hi,
I noticed that everyone has the same issue with mine. Waiting for COE too long. I'm worried if there is something wrong with my COE. Is there anyone waiting for so long and get a bad result for COE? I've been waiting for 1 month 10 days for COE. In the website my husband said they will not answer status of COE, but I saw one KyushuTraveler did call. Will this affect my COE if I call them? I feel uneasy for waiting it so long while other can get it so fast.
by vei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/2/22 06:08
@vei As per this thread (if you read the responses) and many other thread on this website. People are waiting 4-6 months for their COEs. So your one month and 10 days seriously does not warrant any concern.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/2/28 12:08
After 4 months of waiting, I was told by the outsourcing company that the first application was denied and that the reason was they lack documents as they were asked to submit additional employer documents numerous times before the application was finally denied.

They said that a reapplication will be submitted by next week after completing all the documents from the employer. Another 2-3 months but I will also look for other opportunity in case I won't get the favorable result.

Re: COE has not arrived yet after 3 months 2017/3/1 23:02
I am sorry to hear that sessaru, i suggest you look for a differrent opportuniyy whilr waiting, dont stop looking until u get ur coe, try canada!!! Easy migration as of this time

reply to this thread