Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rejection of HSP application 2017/1/19 13:52
Recently, I have applied for High Skilled Professional Visa (HSP) visa. I am working in an academic post in a university in Japan. I had more than five years experience as a teacher in my subject area, PhD from Japanese University, 4 corresponding author publications etc. all together my point was 75. But the application was rejected. They (regional bureau officer) said my publications points (20 points) was not achieved, and they said they dont know why it was not achieved. My other claiming for points was ok. The regional immigration bureau officer said he does not know why it was not achieved as decision came from Tokyo immigration. He suggested me to apply again. For getting 20 points for publications the rules (written in MOJ website) are that, at least 3 corresponding author publications in journals listed in Thomson Reuters/Elesiver etc. journal index. I gave copy from TR website for my 4 corresponding author paper as a reference with my application, but they still rejected and did not said me, in what basis the publication point was rejected. Do anybody know any hidden rules for rejection of publications although they are indexed in TR? I will apply again with more publications. If I know the criteria it will be better for me to prepare.
Is there anybody faced similar problem?
by Guest (guest)  

Re: Rejection of HSP application 2017/1/19 22:08
Do you have more than 3 scientific papers in which you are the first author ?
the original word is 責任著者. but, this word is ambiguous and immigration officers may misunderstand the meaning, because 責任著者 is generally the last author, the professor, if the paper was made in one laboratory.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rejection of HSP application 2017/1/20 08:01
On another note, why do you want to get the HSP status? If PR is your goal then it would be better to stay on current status. If you have done Ph.D. From Japan and after that 5 yrs you have been teaching you would have lived 8-9 years in Japan
Once you get HSP your clock with reset and you will have to wait for another 3 years to get PR through this status
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rejection of HSP application 2017/1/20 09:14
Thank you for the responses.

I had 14 papers in TR indexed so far. In some of them (more than 3) I was not corresponding author but first author. In 4 papers I was corresponding author. Among these 4 ( which I highlighted during application), in two papers I was also first author. Does 責任著者 means first author or corresponding author. in the English version it was written corresponding author. The corresponding author may or may not be first author always. Which one is correct and usually taken by immigration officer?

After finishing my PhD and a job in japan (total 6.5 years) I left Japan for around 4 years in another country with a teaching job. As I was not continuously living and there was a break, will my previous stay count for PR?
During my PhD I was not tax paying. Will those years counted for PR although I was student and not tax paying?
Thanks again.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread