Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takuhaibin question 2017/1/20 02:22
Hi there,

I'm going for a trip to Japan in early March, and travelling around by rail. Between 6 - 8 March I'll be in Osaka, 8 - 10 March in Koyasan, and 10 - 17 March in Tokyo.

Ideally what I want to do is use Takuhaibin to send my luggage from the place I'm staying in Osaka (I've confirmed that this will be ok with them) to my hotel in Tokyo for when I turn up there 2/3 days later. However, on the Tokyo hotel's website, it states:

"Luggage is accepted ONLY on the MORNING of your arrival. When sending luggage to the hotel in advance by a delivery service, please specify your arrival date with your name and date(s) of stay clearly indicated."

Am I screwed? Is there any way that I can get my suitcase to Tokyo easily? I basically don't want to be lugging it around Koya when I could just head out there for a couple of days with a small rucksack.

Any help greatly appreciated,
by JosephStash  

Re: Takuhaibin question 2017/1/20 10:41
As far as I know, you can delay the receipt of your luggage for a week, so it should be no problem. See Q02 in below link:

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/contact/faq/02/
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin question 2017/1/20 12:49
Maranyc is correct; you can specify a certain delivery date (must be within 7 days). The company will deliver your luggage on that day.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin question 2017/1/20 20:08
Ah - this is fantastic news, thanks both for this.

by JosephStash rate this post as useful

reply to this thread