Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Unemployment insurance after salary reduced 2017/1/20 12:42
I am working in Japan as an engineer since last 2 years. My company is paying unemployment insurance (shitsugyou hoken) regularly. My contract will finish soon and my company cannot extend my contract due to some funding issue. Since I have a visa valid until Jan 2020, so my company has told me that I can work as a part-time employee if I wish to continue with 50-60% salary of my present salary. I have also agreed to continue as a part-time employee and search a new full-time job in other place.

In this situation, can I apply for unemployment benefit?

If anybody has knowledge about this, please kindly share it.
by Ranjan123  

Re: Unemployment insurance after salary reduced 2017/1/20 20:03
No you can not.
Shitsugyo hoken is for people who is temporarily unemployed and looking for jobs. Being employed for low salary is not "unemployed".
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Unemployment insurance after salary reduced 2017/1/21 07:25
If you have visa until 2020 that does not mean you have right to live until 2020. In your situation either live with salary you are getting or leave company and you have 2 months to find new job
If you cannot find in that time you need to go back to your country, that's how it works
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread