Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About the G30 program of Osaka Univeristy 2017/1/22 13:18
I am a international student who is current studying in a county college in the United States. I want to transfer to Osaka University after my graduation, which is in May 2017( I know they do not accept transfer student but they accept transfer credits which is good enough for me). I am very anxious right now and hope someone who has been accepted by Osaka Univeristy G30 program can ease my mind.
Here is my situation: I had a avenger grade of 90 in my high school, and I was the president of a student club and the head of school orchestra( also the principal clarinet). I have a current GPA of 3.83, and I have joined two honor student societies ( PTK and Psi Beta). I have gained two really good recommandation letters from my professors. However somehow I still feel like my background is not good enough for passing the document screening process. I cannot be sure that I am being paranoid or I am worrying for a good reason, so I hope that someone with experiences can ease my mind( or confirm my worries).
Furthermore, I have been prepared for ACT exam( without writing part) for about a month( I decided to go to Japan at last minute, before I was preparing to transfer to a four-year American university which does not require college entrance exam score) and I can only said with my best luck I could prabobly get a score of 26-28 ( equal to old SAT1730-1880 & new SAT 1240-1340)which I know it's not good enough. Thus could anyone tell me what is my chance to get into Osaka Univeristy G30 program (human science program) based on my profile plus a miserable ACT score 26-28?
P.S. I have very little time to prepare for an exam I have never studied for( I am Chinese so I went to high school in China). ACT is easier to prepare in such a short time than SAT. Going to a four-year Univeristy in America is not longer an opinion for me due to many private reasons. For those who read through this long post and kindly reply with comments, I appciate your time and thank you in advance.
by Alice (guest)  

Re: About the G30 program of Osaka Univeristy 2017/1/22 21:55
The only way to know if your application is "good enough" is to apply.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: About the G30 program of Osaka Univeristy 2017/1/22 23:17
I have applied already. I am just very anxious about the upcoming result; therefore, I am hoping someone who had been through the similar situation can share their experiences with me.
by Alice (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About the G30 program of Osaka Univeristy 2017/1/22 23:40
I don't think anyone here has been through it, but I do have some colleagues there.

Basically, the intake is very small, and they are extremely selective. Perhaps they will have around 7 or 8 applications per place. I think it is difficult to know what they will target, so perhaps impossible to give you advice.

Good luck.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: About the G30 program of Osaka Univeristy 2017/1/23 02:23
I have applied already. I am just very anxious about the upcoming result; therefore, I am hoping someone who had been through the similar situation can share their experiences with me.
by Alice (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread