Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Certified Copy Service 2017/1/25 11:14
Hi everyone

I need to get a certified copy of a document to send to my home country, Australia. I was told a "Justice of Peace or equivalent, ie. Police Officer, Medical Practitioner, Chemist, etc." would be sufficient.

Would a local post office provide this function? Anyone tired to do this before? Would I need an appointment? I am not anywhere near an Australian Consulate, so need to find something local.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks
by ktb42  

Re: Certified Copy Service 2017/1/25 17:29
This system of "certified copy" is not common in Japan, unlike Australia.

You might want to inquire with any immigration lawyer, administrative scrivener ("gyosei shoshi") in your area, or possibly a translation office (at least you will get through easily in English) to see if they have any connection with notary public, as some translation offices would do "certified translation" jobs.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Certified Copy Service 2017/1/25 20:39
Certified copy service is quite common and you can get it at any post offices. But they don't deliver to foreign country.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Certified Copy Service 2017/1/25 22:34
I thought the OP needed to get a certified copy of some document "in Japan" and send it to Australia.

Re: Certified Copy Service 2017/1/26 09:13
Sounds like something under the relevant "oaths and declarations act". Possibly easiest would be a lawyer - not sure that a post office would be acceptable. Otherwise, try your local ward office - they do certified copies of documents for use with all sorts of things.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Certified Copy Service 2017/1/26 10:07
I clarify, I have my university transcript with me from Australia and need to send a copy back to Australia. I need some proof the copy is a true version of the original. I will try at the local post office and see what they can do for me.

Thanks!
by ktb42 rate this post as useful

Re: Certified Copy Service 2017/1/26 10:59
And I repeat that that service is not known in Japan ( we just send in the photocopy alone, bring the original in person so that whoever who needs a copy takes the copy and returns the original, or request to have an official duplicate issued). You need to ask someone who is familiar with this system in the first place, thus my suggestion for an immigration lawyer who might've been involved in helping someone from Japan getting a student visa for Australia, for example.

reply to this thread