Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I attend Keio University? 2017/1/27 12:11
I've been accepted into Keio for their PEARL program but now I'm actually debating whether I should go or not. What I originally planned to do was attend for maybe 2 years and try to transfer to a better college in the US (Columbia or Cornell) since I have almost no chance of getting accepted with what I have right now. Ultimately my goal is to make it into those colleges but would the best chance be to go to Keio or somewhere like Pace University?
by risa108  

Re: Should I attend Keio University? 2017/1/28 12:18
Hey there, Keio University is a prestigious institution with a great brand-name in Asia. Not too sure of how it would be perceived in the US though. Another thing to keep in mind is that credits are not interchangeable across Keio and the likes of Cornell.

Btw what are your stats? You might be better of considering a gap year to boost your SATs and extracurricular if you are pretty competitive for ivies.
by dicek (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I attend Keio University? 2017/1/28 13:09
dicek (guest),
I thought if I could get 2 years of "experience from another country" it would maybe help boost my chances on my application but that could be just be naive thinking on my part.
What about credit transfers with Columbia?

I have a 1960 on the old SAT and I never took the new one. Not the best score and my parents aren't too fond of me taking a GAP year. Didn't score so well on the SAT Subject tests or ACT either.
by risa108 rate this post as useful

Re: Should I attend Keio University? 2017/1/29 06:58
I don't think any credits transfer from any Japanese university to a US university unless you are enrolled in a study abroad program from your US university. I would assume Temple University Japan might be one of the few universities in Japan that you can transfer credits because it is a US university. My Japanese friend told me all of her lectures were in English, so she dropped out after a year.
by MikeTI rate this post as useful

Re: Should I attend Keio University? 2017/1/31 13:13
MikeTI,
I'm pretty sure as long as the college is accredited the credits should be able to transfer.
by risa108 rate this post as useful

Re: Should I attend Keio University? 2017/2/1 07:35
I'd check directly with Cornell and Columbia about credit transfers rather than relying on strangers on the internet.
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I attend Keio University? 2017/2/23 23:37
have you already been accepted?? (if so could you tell me about you gpa?since im also interested in japanese uni's). If you havent been accepted im not sure if you can get into keio itself either. c
by podks (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I attend Keio University? 2017/2/23 23:41
oh nvm u were already accpeted. so jelly.
by podks (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread