Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Jigokudani Monkey Park: morning or afternoon? 2017/2/1 21:41
Hi,
I am arriving around noon at Nagano station and I am staying at Hotel Metropolitan Nagano.

The only reason for visiting Nagano to us is to visit the monkey park.

I have the afternoon on the day of arrival, or the early morning the next day.

I noticed there is a direct bus to the monkey park, which takes about 40 minutes, and goes straight from Nagano Station. Would this be the best option, or should I consider a taxi from the hotel/train station?

Also, is it better to visit the monkey park in the afternoon, or early the next morning?
by VanIlya  

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park: morning or afternoon? 2017/2/2 16:35
Mokeys are "wild" no managed by park.
They are just coming for eating(feeding time) and relax at bath(onsen/hot spring) in day time of Winter.
In Winter getting good foods very hard into montains/woods.

Early morning they are not gathered as enough numbers.
See the Live cam records(captures).
http://www.jigokudani-yaenkoen.co.jp/livecam/monkey/index.htm
(Click left times, Japan/JST is UTC +9)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UTC_time_offsets
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

BTW, when?
Already mentioned about winter
but other seasons not so many coming BC a lot of foods exist into montains/woods.
Just not Zero.
Now snow peak most monkey families/groups coming.
by Teag (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park: morning or afternoon? 2017/2/2 17:29
I may have forgotten to mention that our visit will be at the end of March. As far as for your reply. Thanks a lot. It seems I will have to take my chances and go in the afternoon before closing time. If unlucky, we can always go again in the early morning.

Will I be able to get a hassle-free taxi from Nagano Station to the Monkey Park. What should I expect to pay, including a bit of waiting at the park entrance? Or is this such an expensive ordeal, that I am still better off taking the direct bus? Is there a schedule for the bus that goes straight from Nagano Station?
by VanIlya rate this post as useful

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park: morning or afternoon? 2017/2/2 22:42

What should I expect to pay, including a bit of waiting at the park entrance?

A taxi would easily cost over 20000 yens.
You might want to consider a rental car.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park: morning or afternoon? 2017/2/2 22:46
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park: morning or afternoon? 2017/2/2 23:21
Yeah. That is a bit pricy yes....especially since we don't have that much time (for a whole day's activity I would have considered it).

So bus it is:

NAGANO STN TO
SNOW MONKEY PARK BUS STOP
BY EXPRESS BUS
41mins
From Nagano Stn take the express bus gNagaden bush directly to Snow Monkey Park.
Adult: 1,400 yen one way

Is there any way to get a bus schedule for the Nagaden bus line so I can find out until what time I can grab a bus (on the 31st of March in the afternoon, or the 1st of April in de early morning).

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park: morning or afternoon? 2017/2/3 00:38
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park: morning or afternoon? 2017/2/3 12:54
Get the express bus (and the pass) - much easier than car/taxi/train.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park: morning or afternoon? 2017/2/11 23:19
Is there an exact bus map for the bus that goes straight to the monkey park from Nagano Station? The previous link doesn't seem to be showing the correct bus schedule. I'd like to find out what our options are, but for this I may need exact bus times.

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park: morning or afternoon? 2017/2/11 23:41
My bad. I now realize that the bus map was ok....it just goes to a further away town, so I need to get off at the monkey park bus stop....

Now I have to find out what route to use....I see the first express bus from Nagano station is at 9.05, which means we will arrive at the monkey park well after 10am. I hope to get there sooner that day.

Was checking the hyperdia timetables for the limited express to the village nearby...but the first one only goes at 9.05 too :)

reply to this thread