Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Unemployment Benifits 2017/2/6 09:54
Hi there,
My wife left her eikaiwa job around 1 year ago due to pregnancy and now she is under spouse visa. Since she was doing her eikaiwa job for 4 months of part time(nearly 20hrs a week) and 4 months full time, I believe that she could receive Unemployment benefits. I want to know that is it too late to apply? does change of visa (working to spouse) disqualify the requirement for the unemployment benefits? +++any one with experience+++
by sacchan (guest)  

Re: Unemployment Benifits 2017/2/6 19:28
Since she is on spouse visa, it means you are the husband and you are Japanese and may find better answers on Japanese boards. Or maybe you were talking about dependent visa?
by Gaby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Unemployment Benifits 2017/2/6 19:30
It's up to what her employer did - my non-Japanese spouse once was employed by a Japanese company full-time, but that employer didn't enroll him in unemployment insurance scheme at all, believing that he would go back to his country once the contract ended. Bleh. (I know I could have reported this violation to the Labor Bureau, but, well, due to circumstances I didn't.)

So you need to check whether she was registered in the unemployment insurance scheme of her employer.

But another thing is that she needs to be able to show that "she was looking for a job but couldn't find one," meaning she needs to sign up at Hello Work and show up there regularly; I assume she hasn't done this?
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread