Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working Visa with an Equivalent in my Country 2017/2/7 12:06
I am currently attending college in Canada for Information Technology. I am taking a systems course. I will be going into either Data Analytics, or Systems Management and Security. Upon graduation, I will recieve a diploma. It is not a degree, but it is considered an equivalent in Canada.

I am unsure as to whether or not this diploma will allow me to obtain a working visa for Japan. I am also unsure of whether or not the field I am going into is work that I can find in Japan. Gaijinpot lists Information Technology as one of the most popular fields, second only to Teaching, so I am less worried about that but still remain curious.

At the time in which I plan to apply for work in Japan, I intend to have 3 years of work experience in my own country, roughly 4 years of Japanese, and to have been to Japan at least twice.

I would appreciate an educated opinion on whether or not what I want to do is feasible. If it is, it's something that I will happily work towards. Thank you.
by Andrew (guest)  

Re: Working Visa with an Equivalent in my Country 2017/2/7 19:21
You would need to check with your college whether their "diploma" is equivalent at least to a "bachelor's degree." Now whether that takes 3 or 4 years to complete the course is irrelevant. It needs to be at least equivalent to a "bachelor's degree."
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Working Visa with an Equivalent in my Country 2017/2/7 19:32
You would need to check with your college whether their "diploma" is equivalent at least to a "bachelor's degree."

Doesn't matter what the college says, immigration takes its own decision whether they consider it equivalent.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread