Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying big snow boot size 2017/2/16 09:33
Hello there,

Hope to get some advice/information here.

My family will be doing a trip to Hokkaido for snow experience in Dec 2017. My two brothers wear between US size no 9 to 10 and 10 to 11. They have problem looking for such size in my home country where we don't experience snow and there are limited snow shoe shops. I will be visiting Osaka coming Mar and want to help them to look for shoe.

Any recommendation of shoe shops in Osaka that sell US big size shoe for snow condition?

Appreciate helps pls. Thank you.
by Max (guest)  

Re: Buying big snow boot size 2017/2/20 01:09
You are looking for something between size 27cm and 29.5cm in Japan.

In March, winter-wear will generally be out of season, so you should go to one the several "skii shops" in Osaka. Otherwise, you should shop in Hokkaido.

I'm a middle-size woman (from Tokyo area), so I hope that someone with better knowledge can answer your question, but the internet suggests that it's not difficult to find size 27 (9) snow boots.

The bigger sizes may be more difficult to find, but perhaps you should look for "nagagutsu" 長靴 rather than "snow boots". You can find big ones at construction-wear shops which we call "sagyou-gi-ten" 作業着店

Here are examples of nagagutsu.
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E9%95%B7%E9%9D%B4+%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A...

By the way, if it's just for experience, you can walk on the pavement with normal shoes. You can also buy a sort of an attachment to slip on your ordinary shoes to prevent slipping on the snow. Ask for "suberi-dome" as you point at your shoe. Snow will be piled around the edge of the pavement and you can touch it for experience. In fact, not many adults wear snow boots in the city of let's say Sapporo or Hakodate. It's only us the tourists who do!
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Buying big snow boot size 2017/2/24 06:56
Have you tried Sports Authority Japan? As well as lots of locations they also sell online. They carry the brand Alpine Design, and do have lady's snow boots so may have mens. They often have large sizes.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying big snow boot size 2017/2/24 07:17
I have checked online and there are numerous Sports Authority stores in Osaka carrying snow products, but you need to remember stores are now stocking spring-summer products. If you know of any Aeon Malls near you then there is sure to be a Sports Authority, as they are in joint venture with Aeon.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread