Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving to Japan with kids 2017/2/18 06:08
Hello. We spent amaizing time in Japan and just fall in love with this country. So we start to dream about living there. I start to study japonese language and get all possible information about life there. Just want to know it is possible to find work there? And how is with schools there? We have 10 ,6 and 3 years old kids. It is possible that they enter there in some good school? What need to write kid in school there? Kids have experience with language.older son speak very good in 3 different languages. All are very communicable.thank you for any information.
by Margarita (guest)  

Re: Moving to Japan with kids 2017/2/18 10:16
Without a job in the country, you can't get a visa to live here. I don't know your skills or experience, so I can't give any advice.

If you can get a visa, you have a right to live here, and your kids to attend schools. Generally, they'll be going to the local school. The teachers there should help them learn Japanese, but they'll probably need additional lessons or they'll fall behind. Another option is to pay for international school, but it isn't cheap.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to Japan with kids 2017/2/18 10:44
We need more informations:

Nationality
Skills, degrees

by Gaby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to Japan with kids 2017/2/18 10:58
Nationality doesn't really matter...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to Japan with kids 2017/2/18 11:12
Nationality matters. If she is from one of those seven lucky countries she can stay 6 months in Japan as a tourist. At least she can see if it is good place for her and her kids.
by Gaby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to Japan with kids 2017/2/18 11:24
But her kids can't attend school if they're only on a tourist visa.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to Japan with kids 2017/2/18 11:31
And for that reason the extension from three months to six may very well not be granted in the first place.

In any case, that's a negligible difference in the long run.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to Japan with kids 2017/2/20 23:42
I am from Latvia. I was working in Ireland for 6 years like manager at deli shop, then We move to Italy. Now I work in caffe and bake cakes. I have degree in hotel and restourants work. Have experience with translating and work with kids. My husband is italian,work mostly by internet like buy and sell old toys, and Japan for he is like wonderland. He have huge collecction of japonese toys like Yattaman, all robots etc. Thank you for your answers.
by Margarita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to Japan with kids 2017/2/20 23:49
Japan is not a country to which one can just "move". There are immigration laws and visas to be issued. A job offer and a working visa is one way into the country-one that most people will use.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread