Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A surname that means powerful? 2017/2/22 01:52
I want to do some writing and I want to use a pen name. I kinda want it to be Japanese. I have a first name so I need a last name? I want the name to convey powerfulness. Do you have any ideas?
by Xenom16  

Re: A surname that means powerful? 2017/2/22 21:22
This is real registered Last names top 10000 in Japan.
http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~suzakihp/jun40.html
Use Google translate and Wiktionary(one kanji letter each).
by Masanee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A surname that means powerful? 2017/2/25 13:13
Just a warning: I looked at that list out of curiosity, and found that the first page looks fine but the actual ranking pages is complete gobblydygook. Turns out the page encoding isn't unicode but rather some old school JIS variant, which Chrome doesn't render properly by default. If this happens to you and you don't realize it's not Japanese you might be very confused... ;-) The proper list should start Satou, Suzuki, Takahashi, etc.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: A surname that means powerful? 2017/3/3 15:36
Hello. Well, the only thing I can think of is a first name, Rikiya. Rikiya is spelled 力也 in Japanese. Riki 力 means "power, strength, physical capability", and ya 也 means "to be". Maybe you could change your first name, and use Rikiya. If you'd like some surname suggestions too, just ask :)
by Sara Erica L rate this post as useful

reply to this thread