Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido: Noboribetsu + Jigoku-dani 2017/2/26 17:30
Dear travelers,

I'll be in Hokkaido in May 2017 and was wondering how much time would be needed to enjoy slowly:
- Noboribetsu town,
- Noboribetsu onsen,
- a hike to discover Jigoku-dani.

My accommodation will be at Muroran.

A full day, two days ?

Thank you for your advice.

Hikarinodensetsu

by Hikarinodensetsu  

Re: Hokkaido: Noboribetsu + Jigoku-dani 2017/2/27 16:46
Hello.

I thought, it is enough just one day.
Noboribetsu is very small town.
Enjoy your stay.
by Do san co (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido: Noboribetsu + Jigoku-dani 2017/2/27 17:11
Hello,
Is the jikoku-dani area small too? The walk is short?
by Hikarinodensetsu rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido: Noboribetsu + Jigoku-dani 2017/2/27 19:37
You can do a decent little hike. The Jigokudani area proper is pretty small, but there are trails on up to Oyunuma pond, and descend along the hot stream and then back to the town. It's been a few years since I went to Noboribetsu so details like how long the hike took is rather fuzzy, but I think we did it in about 2 hours (with ample stopping for photos, taking a foot bath, etc.)
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido: Noboribetsu + Jigoku-dani 2017/2/28 02:05
If you scroll down this page you will see a map of Noboribetsu and onsen town with jigokudani near by. The map says hell valley is a 5 minute walk from the bus terminal. Maybe 30 min or less walk on the road (or trails) up to Oyunuma Pond and volcano and a view area towards Lake Kutara. This can easily be done (with a stop at one of the baths) in one day from Muroran. In fall it is exceptionally beautiful.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6751.html
by sjvacc rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido: Noboribetsu + Jigoku-dani 2017/2/28 03:27
Thank you all for your reply :-)
by Hikarinodensetsu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread