Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Educational experience to work on IT 2017/3/1 05:57
Hi guys,

I do have a pretty specific question that I couldn't find out digging in the forum.
The requirements to get a working visa for an IT job are the next:
- Having a bachelor degree, or
- +10 professional working experience in the field.

In some posts in this forum and other websites I saw that the educational experience does count for the +10 years requirement (ex. http://visa-immi.com/workingvisa/humanities/#criteria)

I fall in that case, I got a 2 years "associated degree" (not enough to get a visa) but I have around 9 years IT experience. I do have a company likely to give me the sponsorship but I'm afraid about the Japanese government denying it due to the 10 years requirement.

I can't find any official information that specifies that point. Can someone bring me some light about it?

Thanks in advance!

by Xut (guest)  

Re: Educational experience to work on IT 2017/3/1 13:54
Hi,
Let me help you. I am an IT worker since 14 years in Japan.
Having a bachelor degree is preferable or
+10 professional working experience in the field is not necessary.
Even you are a fresher and your employer sponsor you, its enough. But sometimes they may need experience from 1-2 year. Now Japan need the IT worker. They are directly giving 5 years visa to IT workers. I saw freshers who were employed by Japanese It companies.

(In some posts in this forum and other websites I saw that the educational experience does count for the +10 years requirement (ex. http://visa-immi.com/workingvisa/humanities/#criteria))
This is wrong information. Who told?

(I fall in that case, I got a 2 years "associated degree" (not enough to get a visa) but I have around 9 years IT experience. I do have a company likely to give me the sponsorship but I'm afraid about the Japanese government denying it due to the 10 years requirement)
Nope. You are eligible to get IT workers visa.

(I can't find any official information that specifies that point. Can someone bring me some light about it?)
Actaully, this information is not given on internet. Please let me know you email if you need more info.
by Sun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Educational experience to work on IT 2017/3/1 14:51
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Educational experience to work on IT 2017/3/1 15:27
"(c) The applicant shall have at least 10 years' practical experience (including the period during which he/she majored in a subject relating to such skills or knowledge at a university, college of technology, high school, the latter course of a secondary educational school or a specialized course of study at a vocational school)."

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! :)
by Xut (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread