Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how to live and survive on tiny budget 2017/3/6 22:49
Hi guys
I am in some trouble as I currently ran out of liquidty since Card and ID been gone.
Before panicing I decided to post this for anyone to give advice how to make through.

In Nara with little as 40000 Yen in pocket with another proximatly 24 days for the money to be sent succesfully here ( they are actually sending a check here from GER for me to sign and to sent it back )
Thats how it does work though it does take 17 to maximum 24 days.

I dont speak japanese, but according to the trouble that I am in I pretty much doing a lot (Not all) to make through.

Anything welcome to know about solutions for me.
(i concidered to work for hostels was the first idea, today didnt work out yet.)
However as said any advice appreciated.

Ok then
Breath in breath out^^
Thanks guys O
by No cash (guest)  

Re: how to live and survive on tiny budget 2017/3/7 12:04
The embassy/consulate of your country of citizenship may be able to grant you an emergency loan.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: how to live and survive on tiny budget 2017/3/7 12:38
Why not have someone send you money through Western Union?
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Whoops 2017/3/7 12:39
Sorry, I see that your ID has been lost too. Never mind.
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how to live and survive on tiny budget 2017/3/7 12:54
Lost ID not really a problem; to get a WU payment you just need your residence card and my number card, both of which can be easily replaced, unlike say a passport.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: how to live and survive on tiny budget 2017/3/7 15:32
When I travel abroad, I always do my best to avoid seeing people from my country, because that's what I'm travelling for. But there was one time that I sought a hostel run by people from my country, full of guests from my country, including a roommate from my country, and I also visited the guy at my Embassy who turned out to be unhelpful but very friendly.

And that's because I lost my whole luggage. And it helped me enough to enjoy communicating with the locals. And I got some money from my insurance company later on.

Seek a friend, a safe one if possible.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: how to live and survive on tiny budget 2017/3/7 17:58
Sorry to hear of what is happening, but are you here for travel or are you living here? (meaning, any friend/colleague/employer to rely on?) In any case, you should be able to get some assistance from the embassy/consulate of your country.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread