Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kumamoto-Aso road conditions 2017/3/10 18:29
Hi,
I was looking at recent weather reports for Aso area seeing it sometimes drops below freezing level around Aso-shi as well as rain some days. As I will be driving there in a few weeks, what can I expect from the road conditions?

Should I expect slippery roads? Maybe I should better ask for winter prepared tires for the rental car?
by Nagai (guest)  

Re: Kumamoto-Aso road conditions 2017/3/11 09:00
In March, there is still a risk of snow and ice in the higher elevations. Be careful when the temperature drops below freezing and the roads are wet. But generally, it is not much of a problem, especially during daytime when temperatures often climb to double-digit values.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kumamoto-Aso road conditions 2017/3/11 09:20
It's not that I have any problem driving on icy roads, but since driving on the left hand side is not my daily cup of tea...

As I have a reservation with check in dead line by 8 PM, I most likely will not be out on the road after sunset.

There are no daytrip buses heading from Kumamoto to mt Aso should it be very bad weather?
by Nagai (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread