Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mosquito prevention spray 2017/3/12 19:28
Hi,
My mosquito prevention spray (deet contained) was lost in transit to Japan. Where can you find such items in Japan? Lawson? Family Mart?

Need to make sure it contains deet for best effect.

What would it be called in Japanese?
by Ben (guest)  

Re: Mosquito prevention spray 2017/3/13 20:52
It would be difficult to find mosquito prevention spray in Japan at this time of the year since there are no mosquitoes. Where are you heading to? Perhaps you should try to find it at your destination where the mosquitoes are.

But what you're looking for is 蚊の防虫スプレイ (ka no bou-chuu spray), and if it were during the summer, the best place to go is the drug stores. But my dictionary doesn't tell me what "deet" is.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Mosquito prevention spray 2017/3/13 21:06
Hi,
Heading off to Ishigaki in a few days. I supposed it would be mosquitoes there during this time but maybe that is too early...
by Ben (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mosquito prevention spray 2017/3/13 22:56
You can still shop after your flight arrives at Ishigaki. It's quite a convenient island, and I'm also sure that your accommodation has something to keep mosquitoes away. But then, you might not have any problems unless you go into the bushes. I remember sleeping on the balcony in a seaside hotel at Miyako which is an island near Ishigaki.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Mosquito prevention spray 2017/3/14 04:09
Just FYI, looks like DEET is ディート in Japanese (surprise surprise :) ) Also it appears that its regulated to be no more than 12% concentration.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread