Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I cancel coe that is under process? 2017/3/17 00:18
Hi

Me and my husband are Indian citizens.My husband went to Japan on August 2016 for a short term project of 3 months.he is supposed to stay there for another six months and so he told me and our one year old to come there .our coe application has been sent to immigration on feb17th 2017 through his employer and it is still under process.its been 4weeks and still we didn't get any reply and losing patience.so we now want to cancel coe application, apply for temporary visa and get our residence status changed after going there.is it possible?

Thanks in advance.
by Gathu (guest)  

Re: Can I cancel coe that is under process? 2017/3/17 16:45
You can keep COE as it is. No problem.
by Chan40 rate this post as useful

Re: Can I cancel coe that is under process? 2017/3/17 17:35
It is possible to cancell but waiting for COE is better, I think?
Even a temporary visit visa need many papers and time for you.
by ... .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I cancel coe that is under process? 2017/3/17 17:48
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.i have gone through the below site to know about the possibilities of visa rejection.
http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/faq.html
I came to know that awaiting for coe may be the reason for rejecting temporary visa.so i wanted to check whether I could go for applying temporary visa at this point of time
by Gathu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I cancel coe that is under process? 2017/3/18 00:05
Cancelling COE and then applying for change of status in Japan would send a wrong message that you deliberately bypassed the process
If you have been alone so long from Aug 16 why not wait for another 3-4 weeks and do the right process

Just my suggestion...
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I cancel coe that is under process? 2017/3/18 01:15
You have only been waiting a month! The standard processing time for a coe is anywhere from 1-3 months! Be patient!
by Anony (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I cancel coe that is under process? 2017/3/18 15:19
It would be possible to cancel it, but if you cancel your current application and apply for Temporary Visitor visa, they will ask you why, and if you tell them your plans, they might just tell you to wait for the CoE. And are you sure that Temporary Visitor visa would be granted in a significantly shorter time than CoE for Dependent?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can I cancel coe that is under process? 2017/3/19 18:40
I don't think you can directly cancel your COE application. You can't just call them or email them and tell them to cancel it. The representative you'd talk too wouldn't be able to access the records and click some kind of delete or cancel button. You would have to ask the organization that's sponsoring your COE, as they have the application number to do so.
It wouldn't be a good idea anyway, your prior, and pending applications are all available and displayed when you enter Japan. If you have the COE canceled, and then enter on a temporary visitor status and attempt to then change it, they are going to see that, and it might provide more problems than it is worth.
Four weeks is a very short weight, COE's do get approved that quickly, but longer up to three months is reasonable.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: Can I cancel coe that is under process? 2017/4/4 20:40
Hi thanks for your replies just to give an update,it's been 6 weeks and still waiting for coe. My spouse'employer called immigration last week and updated us that they were asked to check the status this week. Since my husband got his coe in 2 weeks he thought me and our kid would also get it in same duration and we were so excited about our reunion,now because of delay we are very much disappointed and feeling hopeless day by day.While probing ways my husband suggests it is possible to come in a temporary visitor visa when coe is in process.he says we shall receive coe during our stay in Japan and get spouse visa by submitting COE.But I wanted to get it clarified whether it's really possible to do so? I want to wait for another six weeks and then genuinely informing embassy that coe is under process and we would like to apply for tourist visa.I want to clarify these things before

1.if I am notified that my COE has been denied,is it possible to apply for short term stay visa.
2.If we still didn't get any update from immigration until our wait(after our 3 months wait),shall we go ahead applying for short term stay visa.is there any possibility of rejecting the visa
3.What am I supposed to do if I get my coe approved before my flight but after receiving short term stay visa.
4.What if I get my coe during my stay in Japan,is it possible to receive it and submit in the immigration and get spouse visa.

Thanks in advance
by Gathu (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread