Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Iya Valley from Okayama - Feasible? 2017/3/19 05:02
HI All,

I am planning to go for a daytrip from Okayama station to Iya Valley. Is this feasible?

I also know that there is the bonnet bus tour from Awaikeda station, but can you book it when you arrive ? Also if I don't do this (rather expensive), can I go to Oboke station and go to the Suspension bridge myself without a car?

Thank you for helping me out.

Lisa
by LisaCo27  

Re: Iya Valley from Okayama - Feasible? 2017/3/19 07:45
As a day trip it is highly im possible since travelling takes too much time. Also the buses to this bridge dont run very often and when you arrive it is very likely that you have missed them. So i think you need to plan in another day
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Iya Valley from Okayama - Feasible? 2017/3/19 07:57
Nonsense. Yes, it is possble. If you are not familiar with transportation in an area, look it up before answering.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Iya Valley from Okayama - Feasible? 2017/3/19 08:08
I also do not know why Glimpigumpi considers this impossible. Awa-Ikeda is just a little over an hour from Okayama. If you take the 8:51 Nanpu limited express train from Okayama, you will arrive in Awa Ikeda with good timing to join the bus tour.

Reservations are mandatory and can be made by e-mail if you follow the "Reservation Click Here" link on this page:
http://yonkoh.co.jp/

Here is the pamphlet for the tour:
http://yonkoh.co.jp/pdf/catalog/te_150127-1.pdf

It is also possible on your own, but bus connections are infrequent as explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7828.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Iya Valley from Okayama - Feasible? 2017/3/19 08:12
hmm, well, at least when i was travelling there with public transport i had lot of problems: while it was possible to reach Oboke easily, there were no buses to the bridge in any reasonable time.

but i am sorry, i didnt intend to give false information. i just think back and froward on one day will be hard based on my experience. here is a bus time table if you need by the way (but i guess it is outdated):
http://yonkoh.co.jp
大歩危駅前 = Oboke Station
かずら橋 = Kazurabashi

Re: Iya Valley from Okayama - Feasible? 2017/3/19 08:23
Thank you all for the information, it's very helpful.

I see that the bus tours only ride on weekends in April, is that correct? It seems very difficult to me to get from the Oboke station to the sights so I am really strulling here and could use all the help now :-).

Thanks a lot.

Lisa
by LisaCo27 rate this post as useful

Re: Iya Valley from Okayama - Feasible? 2017/3/19 08:33
Yes, in April, the tour is offered only on weekends.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Iya Valley from Okayama - Feasible? 2017/3/19 08:43
Ok in this case I have no other choice than look for another option. Since the tour is quite expensive as well, I assume you can go to the suspension bridge, mannekin pis and oboke gorge by taxi for that price?
by Lisaco27 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Iya Valley from Okayama - Feasible? 2017/3/19 09:01
hmm, i guess taxi might cost you more. there are not many taxi there and those bridges are in the middle of nowhere. also you need at least about 10 minutes to see them, so while this the taximeter is probably running.

Re: Iya Valley from Okayama - Feasible? 2017/3/19 18:30
So only option I have is then going with the bus tour that only leaves during the weekend, but where can I find bus schedules and can I book when I arrive in awaikeda ?

Thank you so much!
by LisaCo27 rate this post as useful

Re: Iya Valley from Okayama - Feasible? 2017/3/19 19:23
you maybe might try car-stopping. people are all super friendly in this area, even for japanese standards. (and if it does not work you can still go with taxi)

reply to this thread