Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Immigration Bureau problem 2017/3/22 20:59
I am between a nine month teaching contract waiting for my new one to start. During this time, I have two part-time jobs that I'm currently doing in order to keep myself afloat till then. I was a little confused as to whether I was supposed to submit a notification to the Bureau of Immigration letting them know that I had left my organization or not (technically I haven't because I start a new contract with them in June, but I currently have two other jobs, so not sure). I sent the notification through just in case, but now I'm worried because it says they will charge you and can even imprison you if you send in a false notification. Am I screwed??? Or can I get let off the hook if I let them know ASAP that it was a mistake?
by Seriously worried girl (guest)  

Re: Immigration Bureau problem 2017/3/23 09:23
You are (and your employer is) obligated to inform Immigration authorities of any change in employment within 2 weeks of that happening, so it was OK (or good) you let them know.

Until when is your current resident status valid?

Now are you saying that the same employer gives you 9 months contract, then 3 months no contract, then another 9 months contract to begin in June, and expect you to wait standby in Japan during those 3 months?
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration Bureau problem 2017/3/23 09:30
That's correct. I was informed of this upon my arrival into Japan, so it's not like they just told me a month before my contract was finishing or anything.
by Seriously worried girl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration Bureau problem 2017/3/23 11:53
You must report that your contract was terminated. And when you sign a new one, you must report that as well. No matter that the two contracts are with the same company.

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/19.html
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration Bureau problem 2017/3/23 14:08
Do you actually have the second, new contract, the one with your original employer? If you do there isn't a problem just notify them and give them copies. You do need to notify them though.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread