Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Language help for post office 2017/3/25 09:06
Hi guys

Can anyone help me with the language? What should I say when I call Japan Post to schedule my luggage pickup? I'm intending to send my stuff home internationally as I'm moving back. My Japanese ain't that great so I have no idea how to put it through the phone.

Just some background about myself. I currently live in Japan, speak some basic Japanese. I can understand more than I can speak so listening isn't an issue but more of conversing and finding the right words to say.

It's kinda last minute so I'm kinda in a pinch here. Any native Japanese speakers or bilingual users here who could help will be greatly appreciated.
by Rinnei  

Re: Language help for post office 2017/3/25 13:28
I am assuming you are trying to send some "international parcels" via postal service, and that you have them packaged with itemized list and the labels ready (you can go pick up the form from the post office in advance I believe).

- Nimotsu no shuuka wo onegai shimasu. (I want to have some cargo/parcel picked up/collected.)

- Kokutsi kozutsumi desu. (It is international parcel.)
- [Kanada] ate no, kokusai kozutsumi desu. (It is international parcel headed to [Canada]) - just as an example.

(I don't know if they ask, but just in case and just as examples)
- Ookisa wa tate, yoko, takasa wo ashite [ni-meetoru], omosa wa [jukkiro] desu. )The size is [2 meters] if you add the height, length, and width, and the weight is [10kg]).
- [San-ko] arimasu. (there are [3 pieces].)

- Hako ni irete arimasu. (It is packaged/boxed.)

- Raberu to zeikan shinkokusho wa kakimashita. (I filled in the label and the customs declaration form.)

(Just as example)
- [San-gatsu nijuu-nana nichi] no [gozen-chuu] ni onegai shimasu. (I want to have it collected in [the morning] of [March 27th].)
- {Shi-gatsu tsuitachi] no [gogo roku-ji kara hachi-ji] ni onegai shimasu. (I want to have it collected tween 6 and 8pm] on [April 1st].)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Language help for post office 2017/3/25 15:02
You could sldo go to a large post office, which should have English-speaking staff, and discuss it with them there.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread