Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rail Pass to Yoshino on Kintetsu Yoshino Line 2017/3/25 17:22
Hi,

I am planning to visit Mt Yoshino for Cherry Blossom from Osaka. I have bought Kansai thru pass for 3 days. I will go on Kintetsu Limited Express Train.

The charges for one way is
Kansai thru pass +( Reserve seat for limited express + extra 430 yen) x 2 =
2000+(510+430)x2=3880
I will book reserve seat ticket online. My problem is where to purchase extra 430 ? Pay at station before boarding ?

Actually my plan is Osaka to Mt Yoshino and then continue travel to Kyoto.
I am worried that lockers at Yoshino will be fully taken up.
I will store the luggage at Osakaabeno station and travel to Yoshino.

The return route is Yoshino to Osaka, Osaka to Kyoto on Kansai Thru Pass Hankyu line. Although time taken is a bit longer but I save money on reserve seat ticket to Kyoto on limited express. Is this the best way to save money ?

Cindy
by Cindy Tan  

Re: Rail Pass to Yoshino on Kintetsu Yoshino Line 2017/3/26 08:32
I think it will be easiest to pay the difference at Yoshino Station upon arrival at the fare adjustment machine (if possible) or the manned gate. For the trip back to Osaka or Kyoto, you should buy a 430 yen ticket at the ticket machine of Yoshino Station and use it to pass the ticket gate.

I am not sure about the luggage situation in Yoshino. There are coin lockers, but there is a good chance that they will be all occupied. I am not sure whether there will be a temporary luggage desk. If you have a lot of luggage travel via Osaka may indeed be best.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Rail Pass to Yoshino on Kintetsu Yoshino Line 2017/3/26 12:56
If you on a budget then save the Kintetsu limited express fare by taking their express service from Osaka http://eki.kintetsu.co.jp/english/T5?USR=PC&dw=0&slCode=349-0&d=1
by TobyC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rail Pass to Yoshino on Kintetsu Yoshino Line 2017/3/26 18:14
Something seems to be wrong with your computation for the fare from Osaka to Yoshino.
Firstly the cost for Kansai Thru Pass for three days is 5,200yen.
So long you have the pass, you don't have to pay for each transportsation fee since that is what passes are for.
Also you don't have to take limited express train since time difference between limited express and express is only few minutes from Osaka-Abenobashi to Yoshinoguchi by Kintetsu Line.
You may refer to the website below in more detail:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_005.html

by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Rail Pass to Yoshino on Kintetsu Yoshino Line 2017/3/27 10:41
Very usefully information and advice. Thanks to all of you...
by Cindy Tan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread