Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How do I make my own nickname? 2017/3/27 09:12
I can't find any good nickname for my name. I want to find that close meaning or almost or similar to my name しょてんゆう (Sho Tenyu). I want to have my own nickname. Any idea? If you know Japanese or you are Japanese then could you please help me? I can't find because there are many. I don't know much about Japanese.
by Sho Tenyu (guest)  

Re: How do I make my own nickname? 2017/3/27 17:00
I assume your name is of Chinese origin (from the sound of it)? If you want to have a nickname that has the same/similar "meaning" to your name, it would help if you could give the "kanji" writing. From the sound we cannot tell the meaning.

People would usually refer to you with your family name followed by "-san" when they get to meet you, and if it is an informal setting such as colleges might come up (for you) a nickname based off of your given name.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How do I make my own nickname? 2017/3/27 17:58
I think people typically use nicknames that they've had for years. How do your friends or family call you? Why not use that nickname.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread