Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying snowboard gear 2017/4/3 21:23
Hi so I'm going to japan and was wondering if i should buy snow board gear in Australia or is it cheaper to buy everything over there? Thanks
by jacob (guest)  

Re: Buying snowboard gear 2017/4/4 13:53
Are you moving here or just visiting? Are you planning to snowboard a LOT/live in a place where there's lots of opportunity to board, or would it just be a once a season/short trip sort of thing? Do you have large feet?

If just visiting/not planning to board often/not too big of feet: just rent the equipment.

If you're living here, or have the opportunity to snowboard a lot, it's your decision. You can find cheap used snowboard gear in recycle shops or from people leaving, so sites such as craigs list. But you might find that if your feet are bigger than 28-29 cm, it can be difficult to find shoes that fit. Plus if you have special gear you really like, you might be happier with it instead. Of course, you can also buy new here. I bought a set (board, boots, bindings) at a sports goods store for about 50000 yen. There were cheaper and more expensive sets available as well.

And a weird note, it might have just been the guy who sold me the board, but even though I told him I was "goofy", he set the board for regular which caused a lot of trouble before I figured out how to change it! So if you do buy and you're goofy, make sure they understand to set the bindings properly!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread