Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Vet in Japan 2017/4/8 18:13
Hey! I'm a 3rd year vet student in the UK and I was wondering how difficult it would be to work in Japan?
by noodlepoodle  

Re: Vet in Japan 2017/4/9 10:37
I don't speak or read English. I'm a Vet graduate from my local university.
If I come to UK, is it easy for me to get work ?

So, read above and think it reversely to yours, and Bob's your uncle.

In Japan, foreign grad. vets need to take Japanese Vet Licence, which is done all in Japanese.
You will need very fluent Japanese.

In Japanese :
http://www.jsvetsci.jp/10_Q&A/u20080415.html
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vet in Japan 2017/4/9 12:06
Some professions are tied to national licenses, such as doctors, nurses, lawyers, and vets. If you get qualified as a vet outside Japan, and want to work in Japan as a vet, you will need to have your curriculum reviewed to see if it is at least equivalent to the courses offered in Japan (I believe veterinary studies in Japan are six years in duration) and if deemed at least equivalent, you need to take an exam in Japanese.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Vet in Japan 2017/4/10 08:55
Agree with all above.

you university degree in vet doesn`t have any value in Japan. If you want to become a vet you need to following Japanese university for that.

another point is, your Japanese need to be perfect, since you work with customers. You cannot just say hello, you need to explain all in Japanese to the customers.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread