Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Coe denied but applying for tourist visa 2017/4/8 20:01
Hi,

My husband works in Japan as an intra-company transferee,it's already been 7 months since he left India.on January he decided to invite me and our 15 months old baby to Japan,his employer was ready to sponsor our visa and submitted the documents to immigration,its been 7 weeks and still no response.since my husband got his coe in 2 weeks we were pretty sure that it won't take much longer, and very much excited about our reunion.After 3 weeks of wait we have started lurking around some websites and came to know that it may take 3 months to get coe,we felt very much disappointed .As my husband feel lonesome and homesick,I am planning to wait for another six weeks(3 months would have been completed by that time) and apply for tourist visa.1.what would be the consequences if I apply for tourist visa when coe is still in process.2.can I apply for tourist visa even if my coe gets rejected during my wait

Thanks in anticipation
by Gk (guest)  

Re: Coe denied but applying for tourist visa 2017/4/9 13:30
You say Coe denied in your heading and then you say if it's denied. So what is it?
If it's denied then there has to be a reason for it, for same reason your tourist visa will also be denied.
If your case in genuine then why think about denial, just because it's taking time? Well things take time in life, have patience and don't bypass the process

Your husband feels lonesome? With just 3 weeks of waiting? Was he not feeling until last 7 months
Just because you woke up after 7 months doesn't mean Japan immigrantion should process with urgency
Just wait.. That's the best option without making your case worst for yourself and your family
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coe denied but applying for tourist visa 2017/4/9 13:49
If it's denied then there has to be a reason for it, for same reason your tourist visa will also be denied.

No, the requirements for long-term and short-term visas are very different.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Coe denied but applying for tourist visa 2017/4/9 19:52
Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.my husband went to Japan for a short term project duration of 3 months, we were not sure about accommodation so we thought it would be difficult to travel with our baby at that time,and I have decided to be here until he comes.after 3 months only we came to know that his project got extended and he might stay for another six months or even longer than that.then only he decided to invite us ,and upon getting proper approval from his employer we have sent the documents to them.thats how seven months passed by

There is no reason exists for declining our coe. we have sent the list of documents that his employer demanded for ,since they have sponsored and processed lot of visa applications like ours I believe we didn't miss anything,but now I think of worst case scenario since some people mentioned in forums that their application has been denied after 3 months of wait,I was just afraid what if the same happen to us.
by Gk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coe denied but applying for tourist visa 2017/4/9 20:10
I agree with this opinion, although there may be some people managed to get a tourist visa despite of deny of CEO.
Please be careful with lowyers who just make money, taking advantage of people in the same situation with you.
by tantan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coe denied but applying for tourist visa 2017/4/9 21:43
No, the requirements for long-term and short-term visas are very different

I agree Firas, besides I don't think her Coe is denied yet.
The point I was trying to make is that Coe for dependent is the simplest of all category. If it's denied then there is something very wrong, either your marriage is fake or the documents are fake or so. Which is bigger issue and might hamper the husband visa as well

If everything is genuine, why panic after just waiting 3 weeks and start bypassing process in anticipation of denial. Be confident, if your case is genuine no one will deny your Coe and it's just matter of time!!
Don't worry about some Coe denial discussion on this forum recently, i have seen 10s and 100s of Coe not a single of which got denied
But with Japan immigration you need to wait and there is nothing you can do
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coe denied but applying for tourist visa 2017/4/10 08:51
Although on the website stating that it can take up to 3 months, doesn`t mean it will be. It is case by case.
If you really would like to know about the status, it is better to ask your husbands employee or your husband to contact immigration directly and they can update you.

I am also waiting for my permanent visa, although this would take 6 months, they have informed me it can take up to 1 year. Just be patient or contact the immigration, they can give you the best answer.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Coe denied but applying for tourist visa 2017/4/10 10:28
Hi,

We have been waiting for 7 weeks and not 3 weeks.actually my husband doesn't know the application number.He dropped repeated mails to his employer,and 2 weeks before he got a reply that they contacted immigration and they told to check the status after a week.i believe immigration is busy.
His employer told him to wait saying that they will send a mail once it gets approved.so really we could not do anything other than wait.
If genuine applications would never get rejected then I will wait for it happily.

Re: Coe denied but applying for tourist visa 2017/4/11 23:50
Hi,
Thanks for your replies.got my dependent coe today after 7 weeks of wait.

Re: Coe denied but applying for tourist visa 2017/4/12 08:22
7 weeks isn't too bad. Congrats gk.
by Aa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread