Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

advise on how to ask question at minshuku 2017/4/9 13:48
When we are staying at a Minshuku I would like to ask them to make my dad's food without alcohol. Would this convey what I am trying to say?
私のお父さんは夕食はお酒なしに、作らないで下さい。
Also, should I be more specific and say mirin instead of sake?
Thank you
by ronin (guest)  

Re: advise on how to ask question at minshuku 2017/4/9 15:34
お父さんにお酒はいりません
Otosan ni osake wa irimasen

by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: advise on how to ask question at minshuku 2017/4/9 15:57
thanks, but why irimasu? since it means 'need' would that convey the lack of alcohol to the cooking or might they assume I only mean no alcoholic drinks?
by ronin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: advise on how to ask question at minshuku 2017/4/9 16:11
Your sentence says: "please do not cook without alcohol," so it does not work. The first poster's sentence says: "my dad does not need alcoholic (drinks)."

Are you trying to say "please do not use any alcohol in preparing food for my father, no mirin and no cooking sake or wine"?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: advise on how to ask question at minshuku 2017/4/9 16:29
Yes I'm try to say, Please do not use alcohol to cook my dad's food.

Re: advise on how to ask question at minshuku 2017/4/9 16:34
And yes, including mirin and cooking sake

Re: advise on how to ask question at minshuku 2017/4/9 16:36
父の食事は、酒やみりんなどのアルコール類を使わずに作ってください。
Please prepare food for my father without using any alcohol such as sake or mirin.

By the way, I would ask the minshuku when making reservation if they can accommodate this request. Minshuku is very often run by a family and provides home cooking, and some Japanese dishes simply need these ingredients, so that they might have to think of other dishes just for him.

Re: advise on how to ask question at minshuku 2017/4/9 22:25
in general, minshuku is not a restaurant and they serve the same dishes to their guests.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: advise on how to ask question at minshuku 2017/4/10 07:07
Ok thanks, so I sent a fax to reserve and followed up with a call a couple months ago to reserve. If I wanted to send a follow up message,how could I say I want to confirm my reservation and could you please make one of our meals without the use of cooking alcohol?
(date)の予約をお願いした(name)です。予約のかくにんをお願いしたいのですに加えて、一人の食事は、酒やみりんなどのアルコール類を使わずに作ってください。
Would this convey that I just want to confirm my reservation and request they do not cook with alcohol for one of our meals? Thanks again

Re: advise on how to ask question at minshuku 2017/4/10 10:24
I would find it polite to ask if it is possible to arrange for special meals.

(date)の予約をお願いした(name)です。日程が近づいてきたのです、今一度予約の確認をお願いします。
加えて、宿泊者のうちの一人の食事は、酒やみりんなどのアルコール類を使わずに作って頂きたいのですが、お願いできますか。お返事お待ち致します。

This is (name) who requested booking on (date). As the date of our stay is getting near, once again I would like to ask for confirmation of our booking.
In addition, I would like to ask you to prepare meals for one of the guests without using any alcohol such as sake or mirin. Could you accommodate this? I await your reply.

Re: advise on how to ask question at minshuku 2017/4/10 13:23
Thank you! I wasn't sure how to make it sound polite.

Re: advise on how to ask question at minshuku 2017/4/13 09:51
Just a note.
No alcohol in food, if cooked in heat. It evaporates away.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread