Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan without Degree 2017/4/13 15:29
Hello, i'm 28 years Brazilian/Portuguese now living in Japan in WHV that ends in march next year.
I will explain a little of my story: I started my degree in a Brazilian university, but in the middle of my second year my father got sick and i had to quit to focus on the family company. Everything went well, the business went great, he recovered, and after a blank of 3 years i had no intention of going back to Uni. After the recovery i went to japan for a year to study the language, and got the N1 that year. After that i worked two years online while living in Portugal, and discovered about the WHV and decided to come to Japan again.
Now i wish to get employed here if possible full-time(I'm working part-time now), and change my status of residence for a working visa.
So to sum up: I can speak, write and read Japanese with no problem, but have no degree and most of my work experience is managing in a small company that i don't think it will be very useful. I want to know what i should expect of my chances to get a CoS in japan if i find a sponsor.
by Alex (guest)  

Re: Japan without Degree 2017/4/13 19:39
You don't have 10 years experience in one field. And you don't have a bachelors degree. Simple answer is you can't get a work visa.
by Urgh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan without Degree 2017/4/13 20:03
Visa requirements are more complex than many people, including the above, realise. The first thing to ask yourself is what kind of job you want to do, then you can talk about what the appropriate status is and what the requirements to obtain it are.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japan without Degree 2017/4/14 14:34
which city are you ?.i think you dont have much problem.. i recommend you to move to achi-ken . alots of brazilian community there . i love them so much . .. and they help each other so much . some work in the factory and making like 300k monthly while some have own company.
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan without Degree 2017/4/24 09:17
From what I've heard, if you're already there and have a long-term visa already (like WHV), it's possible. Just apply to a company you'd like to work & renew the visa as a working one.
by Major G rate this post as useful

reply to this thread