Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/13 23:01
Hi guys, as mentioned in my question, i had added my suica commuter pass in my wallet on ip7, the thing is i dont have a credit card for apple pay. I want to renew the commuter plan for this card but it asked me to add a credit card for apple pay in order to do so. I know i can charge money through suica machine in station, but can i use that charged money to renew my plan or i can renew directly from the macchine. Thank you.
by Asuma Satoh  

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/14 10:18
Mobile commuter passes require credit cards; you can use a card one.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/14 10:51
Convenience stores are selling prepaid credit cards from Visa.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/14 10:58
Thank you for the answer guys. What is the name of the prepaid card? Line or visa? I can add them to apple pay as a payment card just like a credit card? Can i renew plan with prepaid card? Thank you.
by Asuma Satoh rate this post as useful

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/14 12:36
I dont know the name, but every inconvenience shop has them. It is a card from visa or rakuten. You cannot miss it. It is just like a credit card but with the function as debit.

So you pay 5000 yen you get only 5000 debit but the card number is like credit card.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/14 12:59
Oh thank you very much

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/14 14:03
by ZR (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/14 14:16
by ZR (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/14 15:36
It is just like a credit card but with the function as debit.

That's not correct. The online credit cards that you can buy from convenience stores aren't as widely accepted as bank-issued cards. I've checked V-purika's website, and Mobile Suica is on the list of services that don't accept their card, so it won't work. https://vpreca.dga.jp/faq_detail.html?id=2316&trflg=1
by Umechan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/14 15:52
OP is using the Apple Pay Suica, not モバイルSuica, which is the Android/Osaifu Keitai version. They are different things.

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/14 20:43
Prepaid CC isn't popular in Japan, it's just a debit card with a CC function, since you can only use upto the amount that the card have, service that require a hold on payment will not accept it, it's only good for online payment and normal shop purchase. I asked before in this forum about nissan rentals accepting prepaid CC, many replied it should be acceped, Nissan replied that only normal bank issued CC are accepted.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/14 23:43
Thank you for yout info guys. But my question is i dont have credit card and suica on apple pay require a credit card to renew commuter plan. So can i add a prepaid card and use it money to renew plan or i need to use a credit card, i am confused. If it is possible pls tell me the exact name of the prepaid card tks. My japanese skill is poor i just got here like a week.

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/14 23:49
You have been here a week and you "renew" your commuter pass? This doesn't make sense...

Anyway, I don't think anybody here has ever tried to use a prepaid card for Apple Pay, so the best way to find out if it works is to try it yourself. If it doesn't, just get a card type commuter pass instead of a mobile one.

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/15 00:33
Contact apple directly or ask the bank about it, I think apple pay is connect to the bank, if not, your only option is not using the wallet, just use a normal cummuter pass, and skip all the trouble.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Renew suica commuter pass w/o credit card? 2017/4/24 09:24
You have to set up a pay system w/ Apple through your bank. ICs don't do CC.
by Major G rate this post as useful

reply to this thread