Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Waseda spse vs Keio pearl 2017/4/18 15:43
Hello, as an international student, I applied to three different schools in English. For Waseda I got accepted to both SILS and SPSE, and chose that SPSE would be a better choice of the two. However, now I'm not sure whether I should be attending Keio or Waseda spse. I originally planned on going to Waseda because it's more friendly towards international students. However I heard that Keio is considered as a "better" university. Also as a person who plans to work in an international company in Japan, I found that students of Keio university have a slight advantage agaisnt students of Waseda in finding a job.
Howver, since Keio PEARL has been found only two years ago, it seems a bit risky. Whereas the average SAT of SPSE is 2000+, the average SAT of PEARL seems pretty low. I wanted ask people's opinion on this and help me choose between the two. Although other things are important, I would consider getting a job in an international company in Japan as my first priority, and which University would be better for that?
by Brian Kim (guest)  

Re: Waseda spse vs Keio pearl 2017/4/19 06:13
Hi,
I am in the exact same situation as you. The main differences I've found is the fact that Keio is just now becoming more internationalized as opposed to Waseda which has been internationalized for some time now and is more acclimated to providing more international student services than Keio.
Also, how did you find SAT scores for Keio? I couldn't find them anywhere.
by prescottwoods rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda spse vs Keio pearl 2017/4/19 09:04
Oh it's not an official average SAT score. I just read somewhere that people with 1800 were accepted as well, which is considerably low compared to Waseda SPSE
by kim42338 rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda spse vs Keio pearl 2017/4/27 12:24
Hey!
I am in a relatively similar situation as you are and it was quite hard for me to make a decision as well. In the end I chose to attend Keio, since from what I have heard, Keio seems to have a better reputation within Japan not just for job search, but also for the quality of the courses. I think the average SAT for Keio may be lower because it is a new program with less reputation.
It's true though Waseda is known for being more internationalized, but since I want to properly learn Japanese and would like to stay in Japan after graduation, I don't find that to be much of a concern for me.
by kat12 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread