Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Pension Book 2017/4/25 13:21
Hi! I am a long-term visa holder here in Japan but this is actually my first time to get a job here. HR is asking me to bring a Japanese Pension Book for the paperwork meeting but I do not have any since I do not have any work experience here in Japan. Does anybody know here I could get it and will it be given on the spot? or does my employer need to get it for me.

I am sorry I really have no idea.

Thank you in advance.
by HeyMiki  

Re: Japanese Pension Book 2017/4/25 14:49
how old are you ?
what is your visa (residential) status ? (or how did you come to Japan ?)
what health insurance do you have right now ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Pension Book 2017/4/26 15:13
Just go to your ward office and ask to see a pension system representative (ninkin). Show them your residence card and ask them to give you a pension booklet. Tell them that you are recently employed and that your company asked for the booklet.

You should have been paying into the pension system if you are older than 20, even without having a job - so there may be some back-payments that are due.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Pension Book 2017/4/26 17:54
Does anybody know here I could get it and will it be given on the spot? or does my employer need to get it for me.

Ken:
how old are you ?
関係ない質問
what is your visa (residential) status ? (or how did you come to Japan ?)
 関係ない質問
what health insurance do you have right now ?
 関係ない質問

Ken, if you're able to answer the questions OP has asked, please do so. Asking for irrelevant personal information isn't going to help OP, it's just for you to confirm your assumptions that as a foreigner she MUST be somehow breaking the law or doing something wrong.
by Kensuto (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread