Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Left/lost money. How to say? 2017/4/26 17:46
While sorting out a lot of small change to pay for convenience store good, I foolishly put some yen bills on the small shelf below the counter. Maybe 4-6,000 yen, can't remember how much I had exactly.

How do I say to staff: I think I left some yen bills, maybe 4 or 5 thousand or so on the counter while I was counting out my small change. Did you find anything?

Thanks
by Anon (guest)  

Re: Left/lost money. How to say? 2017/4/26 19:10
Genkin no wasuremono wa todoite imasen ka. (Has there been any cash reported as found?)

Sakihodo kaimono wo shita toki, (When I was shopping earlier,)
kozeni wo kazoete ite, (I was counting out my small change, and)
ukkari sen-en satsu wo nan-mai ka, kono kauntaa ni okiwasurete shimaimashita. (I by mistake placed & left several thousand-yen bills on this counter.)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Left/lost money. How to say? 2017/4/26 19:17
Wasuremono o shimashita.
(I accidentally left something behind.)

O-kane desu.
(It is money.)

Go-sen-en kurai desu.
(About 5000 yen.)

Koko ni okimashita.
(I put it here, at this spot.)

Arimasendeshitaka?
(Did you not notice it?)

You can use either or all phrases depending on how you approach them. Also keep in mind that a lot of convenience store clerks are foreign residents who do not speak Japanese fluently. Ask for the "tencho" (manager) if necessary.

By the way, I once had the police make a report and got tens of thousands of insurance back, just by communicating in gesture in a foreign country without any verbal language whatsoever.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Left/lost money. How to say? 2017/4/26 19:18
Whoops, sorry for duplicated contents.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread