Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

is there any visa problem for me in future? 2017/5/2 11:28
Hello every one ,

i am facing a problem i need suggestion please if some one knows.i am married to a female who has permanent visa and i have a spouse visa of one year.one year visa is finished and the other one year is on the way to finish in 3 months..i have a son who born here in Japan and has a permanent visa he is 6 months old ...some time the behaviour of my wife is to bad few time she become mad and hit me on my hand it really bad to me.... after doing that i control on my self and looking towards my kid i am not in those who hit female..but affcoure i become mad..today we go to market and me and my wife go to atm machine where we with draw the money and i enter wrong code and she hit me on my hand and she say leave it she become mad i feel really very shy because there is the other females who are standing behind us i keep silent..but its discusting now my question is that if i seperate from my wife or give divorce to her my visa will extend or not on behalf of my son because my son has a permanent visa?

i don,t wanna leave my wife but the behaviour of her is strange some time then later she become fine but i feel very disgusting and very small...as specially what happened in the bank after that i wanna leave her please give me advise is my visa wil extend because of my son or not ?
by Buttler (guest)  

Re: is there any visa problem for me in future? 2017/5/2 14:05
my question is that if i seperate from my wife or give divorce to her my visa will extend or not on behalf of my son because my son has a permanent visa?

It will probably depend on who is awarded custody. However, since your child is not a Japanese citizen, even if you are awarded custody immigration may decide that you can live together in your home country and there is no need for you to live in Japan.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: is there any visa problem for me in future? 2017/5/2 14:06
These case it is better to consult with the immigration officer.
If you ask here than you get many opinions which will not make it easier.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: is there any visa problem for me in future? 2017/5/3 08:09
Thanks for reply,

Every thing goes normal again my wife relaize her mistake and she say sorry to me and every thing is normal,

Firas what you mean Japanese citizen ship is permanent visa is not enough----my son has permanent visa already and the custody will go in favour of my wife as my kid is to small.

well as for now every thing is normal again hope it goes like that .... my one year is finished and the other one year is on the way to finished when i will apply for permanent visa...
by Buttler (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: is there any visa problem for me in future? 2017/5/3 08:57
Sorry to hear of your marital issue.

Does your son have a "Japanese nationality," or does he have a "permanent visa"? If you say "permanent visa," that assumes that he is not Japanese.

If you get a divorce, and if you can show to Immigration that you need to live in Japan to take care of your son, you might have a chance with "long-term resident" status.

Are you thinking of applying for "permanent resident" status? Then I believe you need to wait until you are granted 3 years as "spouse of permanent resident" first before you can apply.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: is there any visa problem for me in future? 2017/5/3 14:26
I think AK is right. Even if you get separate and if you say that you want to take care of son, you mey get teiju visa.
by Chan40 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: is there any visa problem for me in future? 2017/5/3 15:34
What's a "permanent visa"?

Re: is there any visa problem for me in future? 2017/5/3 16:28
I think AK is right. Even if you get separate and if you say that you want to take care of son, you mey get teiju visa.

Except that is not what AK said; she said "need", not "want". Big difference, especially if custody is awarded to the mothet, which means that the mother is capable of taking care of the child.

reply to this thread