Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

why haven't I heard back from friends? 2017/5/6 00:43
Basically I found people into anime and manga, and tried to make it easier for the, to read it. Cause I understand English isn't the easiest to understand if you don't have a full grasp on it. So here is my problem, I was able to get a message back from these two people ONCE and I tried to send them a message back about the fact I'd like to keep talking to them.

Like I asked what anime they liked and etc, I also made it known that I am not into talking about politics as much as they're cause, I did check their bio on here and it showed both were disinterested in politics which isn't a problem with me. So anyways, came back about a today and a week ago looking to see if I would get any messages back. Well, I got nothing and I feel sad, hurt, and afraid like maybe these people hate me and think I'm some weird freak when I'm not.

I mean I did add a few things to my message that stated stuff like, "have you been to an anime convention cause those are cool and what was the last one you attended?"

Or the fact that one of them asked me if I wanted to talk on skype and gave him my skype info. So why haven't I heard anything back from these people, are they busy or something cause I'm really sad and scared..
by SilentAnon  

Re: why haven't I heard back from friends? 2017/5/6 10:08
April 29 - May 7 is Golden Week holiday, so things are slow (I haven't heard back from a lot of my close friends and people of goodwill, which I take for granted). Then people will be super busy catching up after Monday. So wait until mid May and post again if you still find a problem.

That said, it's not uncommon for unidentified strangers to irresponsibly and randomly contact you sounding like they're extremely interested but end up being not. I don't have time for these rude people, so you should move on to if that is the case.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: why haven't I heard back from friends? 2017/5/6 17:30
Wow these questions/threads are becoming more common.

Not getting a response is as simple as people not wanting to converse. Not everyone wants to keep up conversations with complete strangers.

As above, this week in Japan is very busy and many will be away from their computers. This may be the reason for now.

But if you spend more than a few weeks without reply. Then move on. They were only strangers on the other side of the world.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: why haven't I heard back from friends? 2017/5/6 18:37
These threads were as common as the "do I need a JR pass?" threads back when there was a "love and relationships" section. It was good that Stefan shut it down.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: why haven't I heard back from friends( 2017/5/8 03:56
It happened to me too. They're two as well haha! don't be sad, some people are like that. Continue searching for friends and if the previous two replied they replied if not you have another friends.
Goodluck!
by Chokohime rate this post as useful

Re: why haven't I heard back from friends? 2017/5/8 16:35
One of the other possibilities I guess is that they are fake Japanese called "Zapanese", who just troll on board on internet and social medias in order to collect ID of skype, LINE, facebook, pretending to be Japanese (collected ID are used for hacking and scams).
I have also head that most people who ask you to talk via the other way is "419 scammers", who are African pretend to be white man or Japanese.
by 419 Eater (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: why haven't I heard back from friends) 2017/5/8 23:00
Yeah! I've heard about them a lot but I didn't think that they would come to a website like this.
You might be right? or maybe no!
by Chokohime rate this post as useful

Re: why haven't I heard back from friends? 2017/5/9 15:34
There are some who seem to be Zapanese on the site (j@panpenfriend) because of their strage Japanese with many mistakes.
419 scammers are everywhere.
by Emile (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: why haven't I heard back from friends? 2017/5/10 16:10
I don't know about the particular website you've used, but sometimes people only want to chat/email from on a one-time basis. They might not realise that you want to have an ongoing friendship with them and are expecting a reply. Also if their English isn't that great, they might see it as 'too difficult' to keep up contact beyond one or two messages. Especially if they're young. Young people start off enthusiastic about the idea of talking to foreigners, but when they realise that they have to continue writing to the person in English the novelty wears off.
by Jenn Jett (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread