Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Language Study and part time work 2017/5/8 09:54

I'm looking into studying Japanese and trying to find a language and also part time work while out there to fund myself

I'm aware I'd need a student visa and would only be able to work a maximum of 20 hours which is fine.

I know of GoGoNihon and if I'm correct, they help with applications for your chosen school, visa, accomodation and even help with finding work.

How good of a company are they?
Are there any other companies that offer the same services, or better?

Thank you in advance.
by xlauraloux  

Re: Language Study and part time work 2017/5/8 13:27
Note that to be granted Student visa, you will need to show to Immigration that you do have sufficient funds to support yourself.

Also I believe it is a max of 28 hours per week.

I believe that the school that you study at will be able to help with visa, accommodation, and part-time work as appropriate. You might want to inquire with the school that you are interested in.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Language Study and part time work 2017/5/8 14:00
I'd need a student visa and would only be able to work a maximum of 20 hours which is fine.
Who told you that?
If it was the agent you mentioned in your question, I am sorry to say that agent is not trustable.
Basically you are not allowed to work with a student visa (it is illegal).
You will be allowed to work up to 28hours/week provided that you get a permission called しかくがいかつどうきょか.

If you really want to study Japanese in Japan, please be careful with schools and agent that offer you a job or help with job hunting, they often make money, being related to illgeal job agent.
It is mentioned in this thred as well.
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+155947
by Rich (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread