Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/10 04:27
I have been admitted to Nagoya University G30 Law undergraduate and Waseda University Department of Economics for fall 2017. Which university should I prefer?
by Niko (guest)  

Re: Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/10 12:55
Well, do you want to study law or economics? They are not the same... Or are you of the "I'll do anything as long as I can live in Japan" crowd?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/10 14:10
Which university should I prefer?

As Firas "suggested", preference is up to you. If you want advice on which you should choose, you need to clarify your preference, priorities, and the reason you are having trouble choosing. Or maybe you just wanted to brag.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/10 18:16
I guess I would like to study Law. But I am confused. I am an international student and the legal system in my country is a bit different than that in Japan (not civil law.)
by Niko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/10 18:26
I am afraid in that case I won`t find a good job in the US. Do you know guys anyone who have combined their LLB degree in civil law with LLM in common law? Is it possible?

Re: Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/10 20:11
I think you're supposed to utilize your studies in Japan to interact with people related to Japan, such as expats living in Japan or those who have family in Japan or those doing business in Japan. (Are you sure you really got accepted? I thought students there are supposed to be smarter than that.)

In any case, Nagoya Uni. shares a higher academic reputation since it's a kokuritsu, but the people you get to socialize with for the long time to come are different between Nagoya Uni. and Waseda. Also, of course, you will be living in totally different cities in totally different environments. Think well.

Re: Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/11 00:54
You said people are different in Nagoya and Waseda. What do you mean? Waseda is more diverse or something?

Re: Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/11 10:20
Each and every university in any country attract different people and therefore different graduates and therefore different graduates coming back to inspire students. Research for yourself (if you're a Nagoya Uni/Waseda acceptee) who graduated where.

Re: Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/11 14:57
Nagoya uni is a typical local uni despite they are a national univ.
I would choose Waseda which has a nationwide reputation and also has worldwide alumni network "Tomon-kai"(稲門会). You can seen Waseda graduates anywhere in the world.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/11 20:49

It is?! Okay, times have changed since I left my school in Nagoya.

Re: Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/11 22:16

Except for the whole "winning Nobel prizes* thing, I guess. And being ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world. Aside from that, identical.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/11 23:26
I think many Japanes people have such 'impression', whatever level they are ranked.
Anyway, it is NOT a low grade uni called F-ran-didaku (Fラン大学).
Meanwhile Waseda's reputation among Japanese is getting worse especially after...
by 6 dai sei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda vs Nagoya 2017/5/12 07:50
if your concern is "getting a job in Japan", universities around Tokyo will be better, because many resources are concentrated only in Tokyo right now.
I don't think Waseda gives you good education, but they will give you more chances for job hunting.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread