Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Health Insurance for a foreigner 2017/5/12 09:43
I am seeking a medical treatment in Japan, but the hospital only accept a patient with the Japanese Health Insurance cover, although I am going to pay 100% of the hospital bills.
Please advice whether there is an Insurance Company who can sell the Japanese Health Insurance for foreigner (I am appointed as an overseas Director for a Japanese Company).
Thank you.
by papijotu (guest)  

Re: Japanese Health Insurance for a foreigner 2017/5/12 10:51
If you are living in Japan on status other than temporary visitor, you can go to the social insurance office/city hall to sign up. If you are just visiting short term, maybe you need to rely on travel insurance that you signed up before you came?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Health Insurance for a foreigner 2017/5/12 11:36
Look for a different hospital. Find a foreign doctor to refer you. (Not knowing what area of Japan you're in, it's impossible to suggest anything more specific.)
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Health Insurance for a foreigner 2017/5/12 13:43
If you are living and working in Japan with a work visa, follow the answer of AK.
http://ishijls.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-474.html

If you are staying in Japan for short term, follow the answer of Umami Dearest.
http://www.himawari.metro.tokyo.jp/qq/qq13enmnlt.asp

I hope you will get well soon, please take care.
by Kenpo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Health Insurance for a foreigner 2017/5/12 23:46
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Health Insurance for a foreigner 2017/5/12 23:56
"I am appointed as an overseas Director for a Japanese Company."
if so, contact that company. they will solve your problem.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread