Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get a koseki tohon of my father? 2017/5/14 12:53
How will i be able to get a copy of koseki tohon of my father if i'm not in Japan. I want to locate him so i am hoping that he update his koseki tohon.
by Grayfia (guest)  

Re: How to get a koseki tohon of my father? 2017/5/14 19:08
I would take whatever you have - addresses, your birth certificate, letters with addresses, etc. - to a Japanese Embassy, and ask them to help. Depending upon how they assess your situation, they will be best suited to advise you.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to get a koseki tohon of my father? 2017/5/14 19:13
How can I possibly send you an email to give you my full details regarding this matter?
by Grayfia (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to get a koseki tohon of my father? 2017/5/14 19:33
Even if you gave all your details to someone in Japan, it is not that anyone can go to city hall on your behalf. You can apply for official duplicate of your father's koseki because you are his child, but for anyone else to ask, you need to write out a proper power of attorney to authorize that person to ask for a copy. It is best if you tried at the embassy/consulate first. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How to get a koseki tohon of my father? 2017/5/14 22:21
unfortunately, embassy will not help you.
you have to contact by written mail to the city office where your father's koseki is there.
a problem is how to pay the necessary handling and postal fees.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread